become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Animal_Welfare
Society and Culture
South and Southeast
Hunting and Shooting
Rescues and Shelters
Regional: North America: Society and Culture: Animal Welfare
Regional: North America: United States: Business and Economy: Animals
Society: Issues: Environment: Conservation and Endangered Species: Regional: North America: United States
American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA)
- Dedicated to alleviating pain, fear and suffering in animals.
American Humane Association
- National organization involved in identifying and preventing the causes of child and animal abuse and neglect.
Angel Animals Educational Foundation
- Nonprofit, charitable organization dedicated to educating people about animals.
Animal Abuse Prevention Agency
- Services cover educating pet owners, pet adoptions, pet rescue, veterinarian services when needed, working for the enforcement of animal rights and providing temporary care for pets without a home.
Animal Welfare Institute
- laboratory animals, wildlife and farm animals. What's new, aims and programs, publications and membership information provided.
Avian Welfare Coalition
- Works to prevent the abuse, exploitation, and suffering of captive birds, and address the issues of rescue, placement, and sanctuary for displaced birds. List of participants, articles, news, and downloadable flyers and factsheets.
Bernice Barbour Foundation, Inc.
- Private foundation which funds programs that directly benefit animals in the United States.
- Accepts car donations, to help animals who are treated badly and help the Humane Society. Helping pets of Massachusetts, Houston, Portland, New York, NJ, Maryland, LA.
Concern for Helping Animals in Israel
- Nonprofit organization formed in the USA to assist the Israeli animal protection community.
Defenders Of Animals
- Providing assistance to sick, injured and homeless animals and to defend the inalienable rights of both companion animals and wildlife through education, legal and legislative activism.
Doris Day Animal League
- Nonprofit, national lobbying organization formed to focus attention on issues involving the humane treatment of animals.
Hearts to the Rescue
- This is an animal rescue blog dedicated to uniting abandoned and abused animals with forever homes through fostering, adoption, donations and fund-raising.
Humane Society of the United States
- Includes descriptions of public-awareness campaigns, programs, legislation, activist alerts, and educational publications.
Humane USA PAC
- Political action committee devoted to the task of electing humane-minded candidates to public office at the federal and state levels.
- Nonprofit organization for sick, injured and abused companion animals, the prevention of cruelty, and public awareness and education.
- Offers grants to no-kill animal shelters that work with community collaborations of veterinarians, rescue groups, traditional shelters and animal control agencies nation wide. Details of grant guidelines and how to donate.
Morris Animal Foundation
- Improves the health and well-being of companion animals and wildlife by funding humane health studies and disseminating information about these studies.
National Association for Humane and Environmental Education
- Provides information about KIND (Kids In Nature's Defense) News, a classroom newspaper for children, links to humane education resources, info about teacher-training opportunities, and facts on NAHEE's award programs.
The nOkill Network
- An organization dedicated to promoting no-kill animal shelters and rescue groups. Clickable map indicating shelters and information on how to help.
- Resource for disaster and recovery, cruelty investigation, rescue, lost and found, and legal reference.
Pooch and Claws
- Pet resources for dog and cat lovers with food, toys, animal training, adoption and rescue center events, fundraisers and listings.
The Progressive Animal Welfare Society
- PAWS advocates for animals through the operation of a companion animal shelter, a wildlife center, and an advocacy department.
Project Puppy Mills
- An ongoing project working to end puppy mills. Contains current legislation and information.
Responsible Dog Owners of the Western States
- Nonprofit group which promotes responsible ownership and treatment of dogs. Fights legislation that undermines dog owner's rights.
Responsible Pet Owners Association
- A coalition of concerned pet owners and all-species pet clubs located in Texas. Provides information and assistance concerning animal welfare and public health issues.
- Listing of programs that provide low cost or free spay and neuter for cats offer within the US. Organized by state.
- A nationwide network to provide affordable spay/neuter programs. Referrals, newsletter, articles, and advocacy.
Sponsor a Horse
- Membership site who dues help to rescue horses and help other rescue sites rescue horses.
Voices For Pets
- Non-profit organization which tracks animal abuse cases through the courts, advocating for victimized pets and animals.
Wildlife Land Trust
- Protects and preserves habitat for wildlife and provides sanctuary for wildlife by prohibiting commercial and recreational hunting and trapping. Affiliate of The Humane Society of the United States.
Usenet alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian -
Usenet talk.politics.animals -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 18, 2016 at 2:53:38 UTC -