become an editor
the entire directory
only in United_States/Society_and_Culture
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Society and Culture
Chats and Forums
Clubs and Lodges
Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual
Regional: North America: Society and Culture
Science: Social Sciences: Area Studies: American Studies
This category in other languages:
America's Safest and Most Dangerous Cities
- An alphabetical listing of the top and bottom 25 cities in which to live based on safety and danger. Rankings for previous years are available back to 1995.
American Fact Finder
- Index of data provided by the US Census Bureau, including population, ethnic, divorce, economic, poverty, and migration statistics, as well as the procedures that generate them.
- Provides trend charts and data, demographic maps, and rankings for states, counties and metropolitan areas. Uses Census 2000 and historical data.
Current Population Survey (CPS)
- A hub for joint technical papers on the current population survey between the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics and the U.S. Bureau of the Census.
H-Amstdy: American Studies
- H-Net discussion group dedicated to the cultures of North America and the United States. Features archive, reviews, charter, links to related lists, and subscription information.
Social Science Data Analysis Network (SSDAN)
- University-based organization that creates demographic media, such as user guides, web sites, and hands-on classroom computer materials that make US census data accessible to educators, policymakers, and citizens. Features publications, a data center, and sponsored websites.
The Historical Marker Database
- A categorized, searchable database containing historical markers and commemorative plaques from across the United States and other countries.
Usenet soc.culture.american -
Society and Culture
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, August 6, 2011 11:22:16 PM EDT -