become an editor
the entire directory
only in Science_and_Environment/Agriculture
Science and Environment
Department of Agriculture
Community Supported Agriculture
Science: Social Sciences: Economics: Agricultural and Rural Economics
Science: Technology: Food Science
ATTRA - National Sustainable Agriculture Information Service
- Provides technical assistance, news, funding resources, and sustainable agriculture publications to farmers, Extension agents, market gardeners, and agricultural researchers in the United States. The Service is managed by the National Center for Appropriate Technology (NCAT), through its ATTRA program, with funding from the United States Department of Agriculture.
- Details of its programs to improve agricultural and rural development, includes publications and information about many current issues in agriculture.
The National Campaign for Sustainable Agriculture
- Dedicated to educating the public on the importance of a sustainable food and agriculture system that is economically viable, environmentally sound, socially just, and humane.
- Web-radio programming on agricultural and life science research, from US land-grant universities. Database can be searched by state and/or topic.
Soil Climate Analysis Network
- SCAN is run by the USDA to monitor and record soil temperatures at a number of stations across the USA.
- Search engine For U.S. agriculture resources.
USDA - Conservation Programs
- Offers information on a variety of U.S. Government grants and programs for agricultural soil and land management.
USDA Plant Hardiness Zone Map
- A complete clickable zonal map indicating temperature ranges down to individual counties.
USDA: Agricultural Biotechnology
- Lists the rules and procedures for obtaining and keeping a permit to work with genetically modified plants and animals in the United States. Defines pharmaceutical and commercial use.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 11, 2008 at 7:54:19 UTC -