become an editor
the entire directory
only in History/Williams,_Roger
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Rhode Island: Society and Culture: History: Williams, Roger
Regional: North America: United States: Washington, DC: Arts and Entertainment: Architecture: Historic Buildings: Capitol: Statuary Hall
Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Languages: Natural: Algic: Mohican
Book Review: I, Roger Williams
- Anthony Carlino reviews Mary Lee Settle's book, in the Providence Journal-Bulletin, April 22, 2001.
Church History 13: Roger Williams
- R. Wresch follows the influence of Williams from Rhode Island to the first amendment to the American Constitution.
Errand in the Wilderness: Roger Williams and "Soul Liberty"
- Chapter 5 of "Exemplar of Liberty: Native America and the Evolution of Democracy" by Donald A. Grinde, Jr., and Bruce E. Johansen discusses religious freedom in the Rhode Island colony.
Georgetown University: Roger Williams
- Classroom study guide with bibliography, by Raymond F Dolle.
A Key into the Language of America
- University of Pennsylvania description of Williams' book about the Narragansetts and their language.
On the Origins of Roger Williams' Notion of Religious Liberty
- Quodlibet Online Journal article by Scott David Foutz, with references.
Perspectives in American Literature: Roger Williams
- A research and study guide with bibliography.
A Plea for Religious Liberty
- Excerpts from Roger Williams' important tract, with an introduction.
- Pictures of his tombstone in Providence, R.I. with biographical sketch, cemetery information and map, and interactive visitor comments from Find A Grave.
Roger Williams National Memorial
- National Park Service site with information for visitors to the Memorial in Providence, Rhode Island.
Roger Williams Resources
- The Roger Williams Family Association describes the life and lists the progeny of Williams. Includes a list of biographies and a genealogy.
Roger Williams Statue
- Marble by Franklin Simmons in the National Statuary Hall in Washington, D.C. commemorates Williams as a champion of religious freedom.
Sam Behling: Roger Williams
- Biography with historical and genealogical references. (1997)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 29, 2009 at 13:26:40 UTC -