become an editor
the entire directory
only in Rhode_Island/Science_and_Environment
Science and Environment
National Audobon Society
Conservation and Endangered Species
Fossils and Paleontology
Zoos and Aquariums
Regional: North America: United States: Regions: New England: Science and Environment
Regional: North America: United States: Science and Environment
Coastal Eelgrass Habitats of Rhode Island
- Maps of known eelgrass (Zostera marina) beds in the state, information about the ecological value of these sites, and rules and regulations for their protection.
Grow Smart Rhode Island
- A statewide non-profit organization that promotes sensible alternatives to suburban sprawl and urban decay.
Narrow River Preservation Association
- Focused on the restoration, preservation, and conservation of this watershed in the towns of North and South Kingstown and Narragansett in southern Rhode Island. Includes maps, reports on ecological resources and research, land use, and related material.
Northeast Organic Farming Association of Rhode Island
- Includes a list of farms and a calendar of events.
Pawtuxet River Authority
- Organization dedicated to protecting and restoring the Pawtuxet River Watershed. Includes general information, news, resources, and reports.
Rhode Island Chapter of The Nature Conservancy
- Information about the organization, current and past conservation projects and priorities, and preserves around the state.
Rhode Island Chapter of the Sierra Club
- Provides information and resources on environmental issues that affect Rhode Island, its families and its future. Includes information on local outdoor recreation and environmental conservation.
Rhode Island Chapter Surfrider Foundation
- Environmental group working on coastal health (including water pollution) and access issues in the state.
Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management
- State agency responsible for programs affecting agriculture, air, coastal resources, fish and wildlife, forests, water resources and watersheds, other natural resources, and waste management.
Rhode Island Forest Conservators Organization
- Nonprofit organization dedicated to the protection and wise use of Rhode Island's woodland resources. Site features forestry information, resources, services, news, links, and membership application.
Rhode Island Greenhouse Gas Process
- Information about state-level initiative to reduce the greenhouse gases that cause global warming.
Rhode Island Resource Recovery Corporation
- Information and educational resources about recycling, waste disposal, materials exchange, and pollution prevention in the state.
Rhode Island Schools Recycling Club
- Program working to ensure that all of the state's public and provide schools are separating loose paper from their trash and have a useful method of transporting it to a recycling facility. Includes a directory of program contacts and waste haulers around the state.
Rhode Island Tree Farm Program
- Promoting the growing of renewable forest resources on private lands, while protecting environmental benefits and increasing public understanding of all benefits of productive forestry.
Rhode Island Wild Plant Society
- Dedicated to the preservation and protection of the state's native plants and their habitats. Includes organization information, photos and cultivation advice for native species, and information on invasive species to be avoided.
Salt Ponds Coalition
- Engaged in efforts to preserve and restore coastal salt ponds along Rhode Island's Atlantic coastline. Includes information about activities and membership.
Save The Bay
- Offering volunteer programs give individuals the opportunity to explore the Narragansett Bay and the power to protect it.
Woonasquatucket River Watershed Council
- Organization concerned with water quality, sprawl, and pollution in this river of northern Rhode Island. Information about issues and organization activities, a watershed map, and related information and links on water quality and watershed protection.
Science and Environment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 20, 2013 at 8:11:24 UTC -