become an editor
the entire directory
only in Arts_and_Entertainment/Architecture
Arts and Entertainment
Regional: North America: United States: Rhode Island: Arts and Entertainment: Architecture
- Constructed for Oliver Hazard Perry Belmont, his summer cottage incorporated his love for horses and armor, medieval and Renaissance architecture within 60-rooms.
- Open to the public for special events, tours, and corporate meetings, largest coastal fortification in the U.S., special events include military reenactments, music festivals, and classic vehicle shows.
- These fabled mansions, the extravagant "summer cottages" of America's Gilded Age portray the opulence of a bygone era.
Newport Restoration Foundation
- The foundation restores and preserves historic art and architecture. Doris Duke's mansion "Rough Point", Samuel Whitehorne House, Prescott Farm and houses in "The Point" and "Historic Hill" sections of Newport.
Old Stone Mill
- Bert Shankle provides images and a bibliography with commentary on the ruins of a 17th-century windmill in Touro Park. He dismisses the theory that the ruin is actually a Norse relic.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 26, 2015 at 12:47:13 UTC -