become an editor
the entire directory
only in Northeast/Science_and_Environment
Science and Environment
Regional: North America: United States: Science and Environment
Archaeological Parks in the Northeastern U.S.
- General overview of archaeological parks and links to those in the region.
- Nonprofit, member supported environmental research and advocacy organization provides information on programs and research projects
GORP - National Forests
- Directory and links to national forest list for the USA, including travel, activities, history and wildlife.
Guy Waterman Alpine Stewardship Fund
- Awards funding to non-profit agencies that work to help maintain the fragile mountain summits and exposed ridgelines. Page includes history about the person, who inspired the project and how to apply for grants.
- Live and archival web cam images illustrate the effect of air pollution on visibility in New England and the Mid-Atlantic region.
- Alliance of nonprofit and governmental organizations working to protect the Highlands area of Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, and Connecticut. Information about biodiversity, natural features, and recreational opportunities.
National Weather Service - Northeast River Forecast Center
- Provides river forecasts and guidance for New England and New York State.
North East State Foresters Association
- Organization of state foresters in Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, and New York. Includes news and information about forest health, forest research, economic impacts, and related matters.
Northeast Fisheries Science Center
- Fisheries research lab provides information on programs, organization, affiliated laboratories and offers press releases, reports and publications.
Northeastern Mosquito Control Association
- Mosquito control for health and comfort.
Ozone Transport Commission
- States working together to reduce ground-level ozone in the northeast. Includes public education materials and technical reports.
Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative
- Mandatory, market-based effort to reduce greenhouse gas emissions in the northeastern and mid-atlantic states via cap-and-trade. Lists participating states, upcoming CO2 auctions, news items, and how emissions are tracked.
Rose Pests and Spraying for the Northeastern US
- In-depth resource and guide for rose growers to thwart pests and diseases.
Study of Sea Level Change in Northeastern US
- GPS and tide gauge data from research project by the University of Texas at Austin.
Sweet Water Trust
- Land trust working to conserve wild lands in Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts and upstate New York. Includes grant information, maps, and conservation science analyses for the region.
US Army Corps of Engineers North Atlantic Division
- Regional district engaged in project to support the military as well as to protect water resources and maintain the environment.
Science and Environment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 25, 2014 at 6:15:07 UTC -