become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/History
Society and Culture
Maps and Views
Society: History: By Region: North America: United States: Colonial
Society: History: By Region: North America: United States: Wars: Civil War: Union Units: New England Infantry
Society: History: By Time Period: Eighteenth Century: Wars and Conflicts: American Revolution
17th Century New England
- A wealth of resources for research on the Colonial period, with special emphasis on the Essex County (MA) witch hunt of 1792 and parallels to Arthur Miller's "The Crucible."
The Charter of New England : 1620
- Transcript of the 1620 charter to colonize New England. From The Avalon Project at Yale Law School.
Early Puritan Poetry
- Overview of Puritan poets in New England, including Anne Bradstreet and Michael Wigglesworth.
The Flag of New England
- Illustrated history of the evolution of the flag.
Freedom's Way National Heritage Area
- Geographic region comprised of the central Massachusetts uplands and river valleys, and six New Hampshire towns.
Historic New England
- Non-profit organization supports the preservation of the region's architectural and cultural heritage. (Formerly the Society for the Preservation of New England Antiquities.)
New England Antiquities Research Association
- Group dedicated to the study and preservation of New England's stone sites. Provides calendar of programs and events, photographs, related links, how to report a site, and contact information.
New England Archivists
- Regional organization for people who organize, describe, preserve, and provide access to historical records. Includes links to archival repositories by state, related Web resources, newsletter, membership information, and job postings.
New England Articles of Confederation, 1643
- A look at the document that tried to unite the New England colonies.
New England Colonies
- Designed for kids to learn about early American history in the region.
New England Towns
- Historical descriptions of the region, states, counties, and natural features, excerpted from Hayward's Gazetteer.
The Puritan Tradition and American Memory
- Scott Atkins authors a research paper about Puritans in 17th century New England and their cultural identity.
Puritanism in New England
- Overview provided by David Cody, Associate Professor of English, Hartwick College.
Puritanism in New England
- Dr. Donna Campbell offers a brief discussion of Puritanism in colonial New England.
Strange New England
- Quarterly online publication reports on the unusual, odd, and forgotten places, landmarks, folklore, and legends that are part of New England's history.
A Very Grave Matter
- Provides information on colonial cemeteries, and photographs and inscriptions of gravestones in eastern New England. Also has old epitaphs, updates on cemetery preservation projects, and extensive list of related links.
Usenet soc.history.war.us-civil-war -
Usenet soc.history.war.us-revolution -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 31, 2013 at 10:35:04 UTC -