become an editor
the entire directory
only in Midwest/Science_and_Environment
Science and Environment
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Regions: Midwest: Science and Environment
EPA Region 5
EPA Region 7
St. Croix River
Regional: North America: Regions: Great Lakes: Science and Environment
Regional: North America: United States: Science and Environment
2001 Upper Mississippi River Flood
- Photos of the 2001 flood at cities in Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois and Wisconsin.
Environmental Law & Policy Center
- A public interest environmental advocacy organization; features include publications, membership information, mailing list and funding resources.
Ground Water Atlas of the United States: Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio, Tennessee
- Online USGS report describes the groundwater resources of this 5-state region.
Ground Water Atlas of the United States: Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Michigan
- Online USGS report describes the groundwater resources of this 4-state region.
Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant College Program
- Conducts research, education, and public outreach related to water resources in the Great Lakes region. Cooperatively administered by the University of Illinois and Purdue University.
- Real-time air pollution visibility camera network for a number of cities in Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio and Wisconsin.
Midwest Regional Planning Organization
- Facilitates regional planning to address the U.S. EPA regional haze regulations (adopted in 1999) in the five states of Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin.
- Database and maps of the green infrastructure in Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin, from the Center for Neighborhood Technology and Openlands Project.
Natural Land Institute
- Protecting and managing lands in Illinois and Wisconsin. Includes news, major acquisitions, volunteer opportunities, and membership information.
Repowering the Midwest
- Clean energy development plan for the US heartland (Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin) from the Environmental Law and Policy Center.
TPE - The Prairie Enthusiasts
- Dedicated to the inventory, promotion, restoration, and protection of natural prairies in the Upper Midwest. Includes conference information, discussion area, news articles, and information about prairie flora and fauna.
U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service: Great Lakes-Big Rivers Region 3
- Principal federal agency responsible for conserving, protecting and enhancing fish, wildlife and plants and their habitat. Information on regional responsibilities, business opportunities, employment, assessments and contacts.
Upper Midwest Environmental Sciences Center
- U.S. Geological Survey research programs addressing a wide range of topics, including Great Lakes ecosystems, invasive species, mercury in the environment, and ecosystem monitoring for the Upper Mississippi River system.
Upper Mississippi River National Wildlife and Fish Refuge
- The Upper Mississippi NWR encompasses approximately 194,000 acres in parts of Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, and Illinois. Includes information on refuges within its complex, including Trempealeau National Wildlife Refuge.
US Army Corps of Engineers, Rock Island District
- Features information on this regional district's activities, environmental and recreational resources and issues, along with resources on navigation, flood protection, emergency response, land management, and engineering services.
Science and Environment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 2:35:07 PM EDT -