become an editor
the entire directory
only in Mid-Atlantic/Chesapeake_Bay
News and Media
Recreation and Sports
Regional: North America: United States: Maryland: Metro Areas and Regions
Regional: North America: United States: Virginia: Metro Areas
Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel
- Toll information, facts and figures, and birding activities from the 17 mile bridge/tunnel complex.
Chesapeake Bay Foundation
- Features education material, access to critical bay issues, and tools for citizens to take action on behalf of the Bay.
Chesapeake Bay Gateway
- National Park Service and Chesapeake Bay Program's guide to visiting the Chesapeake Bay. Includes places to visit, water and walking trails, and visitor centers.
Chesapeake Bay Lighthouse Project
- Photos, descriptions, and historical information on all of the Chesapeake Bay lighthouses. Includes charts, weather links, and some peripheral information.
Chesapeake Bay Program
- Regional partnership of state and federal agencies working on the restoration of the Chesapeake Bay. Information about the plants and animals that live in the waters of the Bay and Bay related news articles from regional newspapers.
Chesapeake Bay Visitor's Guide
- Directory of links organized by location on an interactive map.
Chesapeake Chapter, US Lighthouse Society
- Photos and maps of the lighthouses in the Chesapeake area. Directions and visitation information included.
Chesapeake Wildlife Heritage
- The nonprofit organization dedicated to creating, restoring and protecting wildlife habitat in the Chesapeake Bay watershed.
Holoscenes - Textures of the Earth - Chesapeake Bay Map
- A computerized relief mapping project that includes the Chesapeake Bay region. Includes downloadable Chesapeake Bay map.
Maryland's Chesapeake Bay
- Brief description of the Bay's wildlife and history, table of numerical facts, and list of Maryland public agencies dealing with Bay matters.
Oyster Recovery Partnership
- Coordinating oyster restoration efforts in the Chesapeake Bay.
Sultana Education Foundation
- A non-profit organization providing educational programs that focus on the history and natural environment of the Chesapeake Bay and its watershed. Educational programs, schedule and how to help.
USGS Chesapeake Bay Activities
- Watershed history, land use, and water quality information. Related news articles.
Chesapeake Bay Bridge: Saving drivers too scared to cross
- The BBC reports on drivers too scared to cross the bridge, and those who will drive for you. (September 02, 2013)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 16, 2016 at 1:59:52 UTC -