become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/History
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Pennsylvania: Society and Culture: History
Regional: North America: Regions: Great Lakes: Society and Culture: History
Regional: North America: United States: Pennsylvania: Counties
Regional: North America: United States: Pennsylvania: Society and Culture: Genealogy
Biographical Dictionary of Pennsylvania Legislators
- Historical essays covering the colonial, Revolutionary War, and early national periods.
Explore PA History
- A resource guide to state history. Includes information on attractions, events and activities.
Free Library of Philadelphia Centennial Exhibition Digital Collection
- Interactive digital exhibit of photographs, maps, and other materials from the library's collection, including resources for teachers and children.
Ghost Company Town of Peale
- This site contains historic articles and pictures of the ghost coal town of Peale, Pennsylvania.
History of North Central Pennsylvania
- This site contains many pages of historic pictures and information on North Central Pennsylvania towns and villages.
Indian Paths And Migration Trails
- Includes map and facts.
Oil Creek State Park Trail
- A guidebook to easy traffic-free bicycling and walking trails. Features excerpts from FreeWheeling Easy in Western Pennsylvania.
Pennsylvania Department Homepage
- Local history of Pittsburgh, genealogy, facts about Andrew Carnegie, and photographs of the area.
Pennsylvania Dutch Family History
- Dedicated to the culture, history, and genealogy of those people from German speaking countries before 1800.
Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission
- List of state historic sites and museums. Includes news, programs and information on historical markers.
- A summary, from Colony to the year 1997.
Pittsburgh Regional History Center
- A museum and research facility. History and heritage of the Western Pennsylvania region.
- Assists communities in protecting and utilizing historic resources.
Rivers of Steel National Heritage Area
- Committed to preserving, interpreting, and managing the historic, cultural, and natural resources related to Big Steel and its related industries. Newsletters and historical information.
Stones of Faith
- A collection of early Pennsylvania German gravestones including information on the people who erected them, and an examination of the gravestone symbols they used from the 1740s to the 1890s.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, December 8, 2012 10:21:10 PM EST -