Washington Township was founded in 1789, from Salem Township, there were 2 villages established, North Washington and Poke Run. They were established at the junctions of the best established roads of the time. The census of 1790 showed 134 households with a population of 705, but it must be remembered that this included what was to be five townships. Allegheny Township, which included what was later Lower Burrell and Upper Burrell Twp., was erected from Washington in 1796. Bell was erected in 1853, primarily from Washington.
Related categories 1
Last update:September 15, 2016 at 3:44:31 UTC