become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Organizations
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Oregon: Society and Culture: Organizations
Ancient Arabic Order, Nobles of the Mystic Shrine
General Federation of Women's Clubs
Junior Chamber International
Lions Clubs International
National Audubon Society
National Organization for Women
Arts: Organizations: Regional: United States: Oregon
Regional: North America: United States: Society and Culture: Organizations
1000 Friends of Oregon
- A non-profit advocacy, education, and research organization involved in issues of land use and planning.
Autism Society of Oregon
- A statewide support group and the state chapter of the Autism Society of America. Information provided about related issues.
Community Planning Workshop
- Provides educational opportunities in applied planning research to U of O students. Paid research opportunities for students to help them defray some of the costs of education. Professional planning assistance to communities and organizations across Oregon.
Crime Victims United Of Oregon
- Political action committee founded to change the criminal justice system. Information provided about related issues such as law and ballot measures.
Eastern Oregon Center for Independent Living
- Nonprofit resource and advocacy center serves persons with disabilities throughout 10 eastern Oregon counties. Includes services, board and volunteer information and links.
Friendly House, Inc.
- Friendly House, established by the First Presbyterian Church, is a non-profit serving the northwest Portland community for over seventy years. It serves children from newborns through age 18 on a sliding-fee scale. It also serves seniors, homeless families, and low-income people. Sites includes program descriptions, volunteer and contribution opportunities, calendar of events.
Klamath & Lake Community Action Services
- Fights poverty in Klamath and Lake counties. Provides services, newsletter, resources, calendar, membership directory and profile.
LeTip of Salem, Oregon
- Local chapter of an international business networking organization set up to allow and encourage business persons to exchange business leads.
Make-A-Wish Foundation of Oregon
- Grants wishes for children with life-threatening illnesses living in Oregon and Southwest Washington. View photos, read stories, learn about scheduled events, sign up for newsletter, learn how to volunteer or donate.
Medical Teams International
- Sends volunteer teams to care for impoverished people worldwide. Distributes humanitarian aid, provides surgeries, general medical, and dental care.
- Helping to allow people to achieve self-sufficiency, and to break the cycle of poverty. Includes news and announcements, client agencies and community locations.
NorthWest Senior and Disability Services
- Offering services to seniors and people with disabilities in Clatsop, Marion, Polk, Tillamook and Yamhill counties.
Oregon Alliance of Senior and Health Services
- Exists to serve the not-for-profit retirement, residential care, assisted living, continuing care, and nursing homes in the state.
Oregon Association of Licensed Investigators Inc.
- Statewide organization of private investigators. Includes a member directory, and membership information.
Oregon Community Foundation
- Provides leadership to address community needs, creates endowments to benefit communities, and makes grants and scholarships from the endowments to improve people's lives.
- A statewide effort to make it easy to get involved and make a difference in every community in Oregon.
- The Oregon Chapter of the National Organization for Women, lists board meeting schedule, officers, and membership information.
- Oregon affiliate of Peace Action, a grassroots peace, justice and environmental protection group. Contains projects and links.
Oregon State Grange
- Fraternal volunteer organization that organizes and participates in community events. Includes foundation background and an e-bulletin.
- Provides news and information about the Oregon voting process. Has links to sites relating to government, initiatives, and elections. Oregon General Election 2000 Report included.
Oregonians In Action
- An association of property owners, this lobbying organization advocates for land-use regulatory reform and protection for private property rights in Oregon.
Warming Families Across Oregon
- Contact information to find out where to send handmade items for homeless shelters, nursing homes, and domestic violence shelters.
Winners-On-Wheels (WOW of Oregon)
- A non-profit scouting-type organization. Their mission is to empower youth in wheelchairs to be all they can be and to believe in who they are.
Workplace Injured (WI)
- Provides information and support to workers and has a few hundred pages of content. Includes a message board and file library.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, July 27, 2010 2:53:34 AM EDT -