become an editor
the entire directory
only in Oregon/Science_and_Environment
Science and Environment
Conservation and Endangered Species
Fossils and Paleontology
Regional: North America: United States: Regions: Northwest: Science and Environment
Regional: North America: United States: Science and Environment
Association of Oregon Recyclers
- Supports recycling policies and programs at the local and state level. Provides a network where recyclers can share knowledge and expertise.
Climate of Oregon
- Narrative written by the State Climatologists and published by the National Climatic Data Center.
The Coastal Landscape Analysis and Modeling Study (CLAMS)
- Describes a multi-disciplinary research effort to analyze the ecological, economic, and social consequences of forest policies of in the Oregon Coast Range. Includes resource maps, data, publications and other information.
Columbia Land Trust
- Works with landowners to conserve sensitive and critical lands in the Columbia River region. Provides project tours, news, factsheets, and membership information.
Environmental Stewardship Project
- Oregon based project to educate about the environment.
Friends of Opal Creek
- This non-profit maintains and stewards the Opal Creek Educational Center. Facility allows organizations and educational groups to gather and experience forest wilderness. Seminars sponsored.
Hiking Trails and Wildflowers
- Describes hiking trails in the western Oregon Cascades, with color photographs of wildflowers found on them.
Looking for Oregon's Future: What is Sustainability?
- An exploration of the definitions, issues, and efforts related to achieving environmental sustainability in the state.
Malheur Experiment Station Weed Control
- Information about crops, soils, weather, and cultivation techniques in Oregon.
Molalla RiverWatch, Molalla, Oregon, USA
- A non-profit organization created to protect, preserve, and restore the quality of the Molalla River and its tributaries.
Native Plant Society of Oregon
- A statewide network of 13 chapters and 1000+ members dedicated to the enjoyment, conservation, and study of Oregon's native vegetation.
Oregon Flora Project
- Resource for vascular plants of Oregon. Includes an online plant atlas, photo gallery, rare plant guide, and newsletter.
Oregon Green School Association
- Provides schools with information they need to set up and maintain successful waste reduction programs and to recognize schools for their waste reduction achievements.
Oregon Natural Desert Association
- Exists to protect, defend, and restore High Desert lands and water from irresponsible livestock grazing, mining, and geothermal development.
Oregon Water Resources Department
- Offers access to current stream flow data and studies of Oregon groundwater and surface water resources.
- Non-profit organization with programs and projects to enhance the livability of Oregon. Volunteer events can be searched by type, date or location.
Tillamook Forest Heritage Trust
- A non-profit assisting the Oregon Department of Forestry with a capital and endowment fundraising campaign for the Tillamook Forest Interpretive Center. History and news provided.
Walla Walla Basin Watershed Council
- Nonregulatory group established to improve watershed quality in northeastern Oregon. Includes extensive stream and water quality data, information about fish passage issues, reports of current activities, and other information.
- A charitable non-profit organization based in Portland, Oregon, providing educational programs in ecology. Field activities include studies of Cascade streams and mountain ecology.
Science and Environment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 11, 2014 at 14:38:43 UTC -