become an editor
the entire directory
only in Portland/Society_and_Culture
Society and Culture
Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual
Regional: North America: United States: Oregon: Counties: Multnomah: Society and Culture
Regional: North America: United States: Oregon: Metro Areas and Regions: Portland-Vancouver Metro Area: Society and Culture
Albertina Kerr Centers
- Provides family adoption services, independent living programs for adults with developmental disabilities, and counseling for abused children.
Burnside Urban Design Plan
- Plan hopes to develop a vision for Burnside Street. Make recommendations for transportation and design improvements online.
Catholic Charities of Portland
- Offers counseling, information on parenting and adoption, and practical assistance with housing and medical care.
City Club of Portland
- Non-profit public affairs and research organization with list of membership activities, news calendar, and seminar schedule.
The City Repair Project
- Citizen Activists creating pathways of communication to build community.
Coalition for a Livable Future
- Working to protect, restore, and maintain healthy, equitable, and sustainable communities. List of their objectives, roster of members, publications, and a calendar of events.
- Helps families, schools, and communities defend themselves against commercialism, advertising, and marketing. Campaigns focus on culture, education, government, and economy. Includes ideas for action, mailing list, news, and research library.
Community Cycling Center
- Offers a full-service bike shop, programs for low-income youth and adults, and workshops and summer camps.
International Refugee Center of Oregon
- Provides services throughout Portland for newly arrived refugees and immigrants.
- Supporting the efforts of homeless individuals and families to make successful and sustainable transitions off the street. Description of their program, how to help, and news.
Mothers Against Misuse and Abuse
- A non-profit organization that believes in a holistic approach to substance use. Information provided on drug use issues and its effect on the family.
- Local autonomous hub of the international activist movement. Features an introduction to the occupation, legal information, support options, volunteer positions, downloadable flyers, committee overviews, online forum.
Overheard in PDX
- Everyone is occasionally guilty of listening in on other people's conversations in public. Accepts submissions of overheard conversations.
Peace and Justice Works
- Works to educate the general public on important issues including but not limited to peace, justice, the environment, and human rights.
Portland Rescue Mission
- Organization reaches out to homeless, hungry, and destitute men, women and children who are in need of food, clothing, shelter, spiritual help, education, job training, and employment.
Raphael House of Portland
- Agency offers domestic violence intervention for women and children made homeless by domestic violence.
Salvation Army (Cascade Division)
- Local chapter features history, press releases and location details.
- Shared Housing is a program of Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon. We match those looking for housing with folks who have a house or apartment and want someone to move in with them.
Sisters Of The Road, Inc.
- Client-driven solutions to the calamities of homelessness and poverty. Running a cafe that accepts food stamps or bartering, as well as family advocacy. Description of their work and how to help.
Transition Projects Inc.
- Provides food, clothing, education and shelter for homeless or low-income persons. Describes programs and gives details of volunteer and paid job opportunities.
Union Gospel Mission of Portland
- Offers to provide a safe environment for men and women with long-term addictions. Features services and map.
- Helping people in need.
Society and Culture
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 7, 2015 at 18:49:51 UTC -