become an editor
the entire directory
only in Portland/Science_and_Environment
Science and Environment
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Oregon: Localities: P: Portland: Science and Environment
Regional: North America: United States: Oregon: Metro Areas and Regions: Portland-Vancouver Metro Area: Science and Environment
Audubon Society of Portland
- Detailed birding information, conservation news, classes, nature viewing sites, and newsletter.
- Grassroots group that works to preserve the forests, waters, and wildlife of Mt. Hood National Forest and surrounding regions. News, articles, events listings, and how to help.
Earth & Spirit Council
- An interfaith environmental action group.
Friends of Trees
- Builds community partnerships to plant, preserve, care for, and educate about urban trees. Membership and event details, links to arborists, newsletter, and volunteer opportunities.
- Non-profit greenspace located two miles from downtown Portland. Features nature-focused instruction, a plant collection and volunteer information.
Johnson Creek Watershed Council
- Information on projects, events, resources and issues facing the Johnson Creek Watershed. Includes volunteer opportunities, calendar of events, and links to partners and other watershed organizations.
Macaw Landing Foundation
- Dedicated to the preservation of macaws through research, public education, and ecotourism. Features newsletter, macaws on the endangered species list and field projects.
Oregon Sierra Club
- Public interest organization promoting conservation of the natural environment in Oregon through legislative, administrative, legal, and electoral activities.
Portland, OR, Endangered Species Act Program
- Endangered Species Act Program, Portland, Oregon; steelhead and Chinook recovery efforts; Columbia, Willamette, Bull Run rivers.
Sustainable Ecosystems Institute
- A scientific resource for individuals, organizations, and governments seeking solutions to natural resource issues.
The Impacts of Climate Change on Portland's Water Supply
- An investigation of the effects of increased temperatures, changed precipitation, and shifts in the historic hydrologic cycle on the fresh water supply from the Bull Run watershed. From the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Washington. [PDF]
The ReBuilding Center
- Recycling building materials. How to donate or purchase items, inventory list, description of their deconstruction services, and volunteer opportunities.
World Forestry Center
- Working to educate people about the world's forests and their relationship to all life. Information about their educational exhibits and programs, international programs, and research activities.
- Created to educate youth and adults about environmental stewardship, sustainable urban agriculture, and green business development. History of the farm, information on their programs, volunteer opportunities, and articles.
Science and Environment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, November 6, 2009 11:54:18 AM EST -