become an editor
the entire directory
only in Travel_and_Tourism/Canals
Travel and Tourism
- Provides the history, maps and survey plats, and hydraulic operations of Ohio's canal system.
- These stairstep locks, among the best preserved in Ohio, were part of the Miami and Erie Canal system.
Miami and Erie Canal
- Includes history, map and trail information.
- The Shelby County Historical Society provides the history, construction details, operation and list of communities along the canal.
The Miami-Erie Canal Corridor Association
- Organization created in 1996 to champion the cause of the historic Miami-Erie canal. MECCA currently focuses on a 55-mile stretch of primarily publicly owned and preserved canal lands from Delphos to Piqua, Ohio.
Ohio & Erie Canalway
- Provides information about the canal system in Ohio. Features a wide variety of natural, cultural, and historical resources.
Ohio Canal Corridor
- Provides history, news, and member details.
Ohio Hiking Trails: Miami and Erie Canal
- Information on this 40-mile hiking section of the towpath trails along the canal. Includes history, maps, and photographs of canal locks, aqueducts, and a canal boat.
Ohio's Historic Canals
- Provides information on Ohio's 1000-mile network of navigable canals, constructed between 1825 and 1847. List of places where canals still remain.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 25, 2013 at 21:05:34 UTC -