become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Organizations
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Ohio: Society and Culture: Organizations
General Federation of Women's Clubs
Junior Chamber International
Lions Clubs International
National Organization for Women
Regional: North America: United States: Society and Culture: Organizations
American Red Cross - Ohio
- Includes local news, chapter directory and links, and information on services.
The Angels On Track Foundation
- Nonprofit railroad safety foundation to educate communities on dangers that exist at all grade crossings. Awards grants for grade crossing safety upgrades in Ohio.
Coalition on Homelessness and Housing in Ohio
- Directory of services, state updates, factsheets, newsletters, calendar of events, action alerts, COHHIO projects and resources.
County Auditors' Association of Ohio (CAAO)
- Organization aimed at improving the quality of work conducted by County Auditors in the state of Ohio.
County Commissioners' Association of Ohio (CCAO)
- Founded in 1880 to promote the best practices and policies in the administration of county government in the state of Ohio. Provides legislative representation, technical assistance, and educational opportunities for county commissioners and their staffs.
County Engineers Association of Ohio (CEAO)
- Organization promoting cooperation and best practices among county engineers in the state of Ohio.
County Treasurers Association Of Ohio
- An organization that exchanges experiences and ideas, assists in the enactment of legislation and provides professional education.
Earth Angel Foundation
- Sponsors fundraisers to send children with life threatening illnesses on dream vacations.
- A statewide network promoting policies that encourage redevelopment of Ohio's cities and towns and conservation of farmland and open space.
New Housing Opportunities, Inc.
- Provides housing to people with substance abuse or mental illness in Warren, Clinton, and Clermont Counties of Ohio.
Nickel Plate Road Historical & Technical Society
- An Ohio nonprofit corporation that publishes a quarterly magazine. Includes calendar and photos.
The Ohio Academy of Science
- A nonprofit volunteer organization that fosters discovery and innovation for all who value education, science, engineering and technology.
Ohio Association of Adult Day Services
- strengthens the ability of members to offer quality adult day services by providing education, advocacy and leadership.
Ohio Association of Nonprofit Organizations
- A statewide organization dedicated to strengthening the effectiveness of the charitable nonprofit sector in Ohio.
Ohio Chess Association
- The OCA is the official state affiliate of the United States Chess Federation (USCF).
Ohio Community Computing Network (OCCN)
- A nonprofit statewide alliance of community technology centers committed to providing equal opportunities for everyone to gain access to computer and network technology.
Ohio Community Development Finance Fund
- Offering funding support to community organizations that work to improve the quality of life for low and moderate income persons. FAQs, list of members and supporters, information on their initiatives, and newsletters.
The Ohio Fire Chiefs Association
- Fire and emergency service leadership association.
Ohio Gun Collectors Association
- Non-profit corporation that promotes friendship for those interested in the collection, possession, and use of arms by responsible persons.
Ohio Investigators Association
- An association for state investigators and law enforcement personnel dedicated to encouraging cooperation between members and their agencies.
Ohio Justice and Policy Center
- A non-partisan, nonprofit, public interest law office based in Cincinnati that works statewide for reform of Ohio's justice system.
Ohio Kentucky Indiana Regional Council of Governments (OKI)
- A council of local governments, business organizations and community groups committed to developing strategies and programs which will improve the quality of life and the economic development potential of the Tri-state area.
Ohio Leadership Institute
- A non profit organization dedicated to providing leadership opportunities for Ohio's youth.
Ohio Municipal League
- Organization of municipal governments around the state.
Ohio Oracle Users Group
- Membership, meeting schedule, and other information on Oracle.
The Ohio Roundtable
- Source for information on conservative public policy in Ohio.
Ohio State Legal Services Association
- Provides free legal representation to low income clients in a number of civil legal problems.
Ohioans For Concealed Carry, Inc.
- Petitioning the law makers and the governor for concealed carry weapons reform.
Policy Matters Ohio
- Nonprofit policy research organization working to broaden the debate about economic policy in Ohio. Publications and scholars bureau.
Professional Association for Retardation in Ohio
- An association for individuals working in the field of mental retardation and developmental disabilities in Ohio. Includes training opportunities, scheduled events and convention preview.
Public Images Network
- A nonprofit corporation that promotes positive awareness of people with developmental disabilities. Includes information about poster contest, award programs and calendar.
State of Ohio Training Association (SOTA)
- An organization providing training and networking opportunities among public sector employees. Includes schedule and activities.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, October 8, 2013 9:45:09 AM EDT -