become an editor
the entire directory
only in Arts_and_Entertainment/Museums
Arts and Entertainment
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Ohio: Localities: C: Cleveland: Arts and Entertainment: Museums
Regional: North America: United States: Ohio: Arts and Entertainment: Museums
African American Museum
- Preservation and dissemination of information regarding the contributions of individuals of African descent.
The Children's Museum Of Cleveland
- Cultural and educational resource for younger children throughout Greater Cleveland. Includes information on tours and exhibits.
The Cleveland Museum of Art
- The collection of more than 30,000 works of art ranges over 5,000 years, from ancient Egypt to the present, and includes masterpieces from Europe, Asia, Africa, and the Americas.
Cleveland Museum of Natural History
- Collection features over four million specimens in the fields of anthropology, archeology, astronomy, botany, geology, paleontology, zoology, and wildlife biology. Includes events, membership, hours, rates, volunteerism, and directions.
Cleveland Police Historical Society and Museum
- Collects documents and artifacts which help to establish the history, developments and activities of the police department. Provides history, event calendar, and exhibition highlights.
Crawford Auto - Aviation Museum
- Showcases nearly 200 antique, vintage, and classic automobiles and aircraft with a focus on early automobiles created in Cleveland.
Dittrick Museum of Medical History
- One of the largest collections in the United States documenting the history of medical technology locally and nationally.
Dunham Tavern Museum
- Offers fresh insights into lifestyles of the early Ohio settlers and travelers.
Great Lakes Science Center
- Offers more than 340 interactive science exhibits and a six story tall Omnimax theater. Includes a visitor's guide, a calendar of events and a schedule.
- Teaches the public about the human body, how it functions, and most importantly, to provide instruction and information in the development of healthy lifestyles.
Intermuseum Conservation Association
- Non-profit art center provides member museums with restoration services and photodocumentation for paintings, murals, frames, icons, polychrome sculpture, works on paper, and objects. Also offers training workshops.
International Women's Air & Space Museum, Inc.
- Features exhibits and memorabilia of women in air and space history.
MOCA - Museum of Contemporary Art
- Includes gallery hours, location, admission fees and description of exhibits.
National Cleveland-Style Polka Hall of Fame
- Includes information on "Cleveland-style polka," the annual awards show, museum hours, and membership information.
Polish American Cultural Center
- Promotes Polish culture, traditions, and social development. Information on the organization, Poland, and the local Polish community.
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum
- Features a virtual museum tour, electronic museum postcards, and lesson plans from the education department.
Steamer William G Mather Museum
- A retired Great Lakes bulk freighter. Provides photo gallery, schedule of events, and hours of operation.
- Collects and preserves literature, recordings, and artifacts that demonstrate history and culture, immigration to America, and the history of the local community.
USS Cod Home Port
- World War II Navy submarine open daily for public tours.
Western Reserve Fire Museum and Education Center
- Educates the public in all aspects of fire safety as well as preserves the traditions and history of the fire service.
Western Reserve Historical Society History Museum
- Features special exhibitions, historic costumes, and tours of the Hay-McKinney mansion. Includes details of the collections, hours and admission fees, FAQs and directions.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, May 1, 2013 12:39:45 AM EDT -