become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Organizations
Society and Culture
General Federation of Women's Clubs
Junior Chamber International
Lions Clubs International
National Organization for Women
Regional: North America: United States: Society and Culture: Organizations
A. J. Fletcher Foundation
- Supports a broad range of nonprofit organizations towards enriching the lives of people in North Carolina.
Alcohol-Drug Council of NC
- ADCNC's mission: to reduce the human suffering and economic cost of alcoholism and other drug abuse and addiction. United Way agency providing information, referrals and other services. Volunteer/Donor opportunities available.
American Civil Liberties Union of North Carolina
- Source of information and editorials about legal rights of individuals including teenagers, tenants and minorities.
American Planning Association
- Provides leadership, education, and increase awareness of planning policies and practices in North Carolina. Provides links, calendar of events, newsletter, information on officers and membership directory.
The Arc of North Carolina
- State chapter of organization that advocates for children and adults with mental retardation or developmental disabilities. Information about local chapters, current issues and events, links to helpful sites.
Carolinas HealthCare Foundation
- Seeks to advance health-related issues, programs, and services that ensure a better quality of life for the people of the Carolinas.
Communities In Schools of North Carolina
- Works to improve the lives of children by reaching them through the public school system. Provides information about services and volunteer opportunities, including AmeriCorps and Vista opportunities.
CUE Center for Missing Persons
- Helps families find missing children. Free services include canvassing by car or on foot, emotional support, public awareness programs, and acting as a liaison with the concerned parties, media and law enforcement.
Cumberland Community Action Program
- Information on their many programs and services.
Daughters of the British Empire
- Organization of women of British birth or British Commonwealth ancestry. Information on events, homes and local chapters.
Exceptional Children's Assistance Center
- Non-profit which provides information and resources to the families of children with disabilities in North Carolina.
Food Bank of the Albemarle
- News, ways to help, and a description of exactly how the food bank operates. Part of the America's Second Harvest network.
Grand Masonic Lodge of North Carolina
- Ancient Free and Accepted Masons. Includes history, announcements and lodge information.
Make-A-Wish Foundation of Central & Western North Carolina
- Site features wish stories, information on how wishes are granted, current fundraising efforts, staff and contact information.
MANNA Food Bank
- Provides food to more than 300 member agencies throughout Western North Carolina who serve 5,100 meals each day year round.
- A community based non-profit organization geared toward providing vital services to the elderly, disadvantaged and general public in Western North Carolina.
N.C. Center for Nonprofits
- Serves, promotes, and represents the nonprofit sector. Includes information about programs, members, news and employment opportunities.
- Information and links for Masons, Shriners and Masonic organizations across the state.
North Carolina ARRL Section Information
- State level club for amateur radio. Information on getting started in the hobby as well as membership information.
North Carolina Association of Volunteer Administration
- Provides education and leadership for effective volunteer management. Includes information on membership, workshops, conferences and educational programs.
North Carolina Big Sweep
- Nonprofit organization that conducts education for litter-free watersheds and coordinates the North Carolina Big Sweep, an event in which volunteers come together to clean up rivers, lakes, and beaches on the third Saturday in September.
North Carolina Biotechnology Center
- Information on biotechnology business, research and education.
North Carolina Family Policy Council
- A nonpartisan, nonprofit organization that supports traditional family values. Page includes policy articles, legislative news, and online podcast.
North Carolina Justice and Community Development Center
- Engaged in advocacy and community-building on behalf of low-income residents. Includes issues information.
North Carolina TASC Training Institute
- Provide statewide training to improve the delivery of services to the state's offender population. Includes calendars, registration, training materials.
North Carolina Troopers Association
- Organization for mutual benefit of NC State Highway Patrol employees.
Optimist International - NC East District
- Optimist club for the Raleigh and Wilmington metro area. Includes information and events and programs.
Our Children's Memorial Walkway
- Frazier Park support group for families after the loss of a child.
Our Hearts Haven
- Support group for families after the loss of an infant.
Partnership for a Drug-Free North Carolina
- State-wide media campaign to reduce the use and abuse of illegal drugs. Features membership details, public service announcements, links and information on drugs.
Sisters of Mercy of North Carolina Foundation
- Supports the work of selected tax-exempt healthcare, educational and social service organizations.
Southern Environmental Law Center - NC
- Environmental organization dedicated to protecting the natural resources of the southeastern United States through direct legal action, policy reform, public education, and partnerships with other groups.
United Way of North Carolina
- Serves the people of the state and member agencies with news, information, a directory and a place for online donations.
Western North Carolina Alliance
- Grassroots organization of people who care about the quality of life in towns and countryside. Features platform and history.
Z. Reynolds Foundation
- A memorial to the youngest son of the founder of R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company, the foundation funds projects that accomplish systemic reform and have statewide impact. Features history, focus areas, awards information, application guidelines.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 8, 2015 at 5:15:04 UTC -