become an editor
the entire directory
only in History/Civil_War
Society and Culture
Society: History: By Region: North America: United States: Wars: Civil War
Society: History: By Region: North America: United States: Wars: Civil War: Personalities: Lee, Robert E.
11th NC Infantry, Company K
- Unit history, battles participated in, and roster.
1st North Carolina Cavalry
- The men of the 1st NC Cav. participated in more than one hundred and sixty various engagements during the Civil War.
22nd NC Infantry Regiment
- Roster and history of the 22nd North Carolina Infantry, Pender/Scales Brigade, Army of Northern Virginia. Photo of battle flag and list of engagements.
2nd NC Junior Reserves, Company F
- Regimental history and muster roll for this unit comprised of boys under the age of 18.
36th Regiment, US Colored Troops
- Union regiment comprised of African-Americans from North Carolina.
38th North Carolina Infantry Regiment
- History and roster of this unit that fought in the Pender/Scales Brigade, Army of Northern Virginia. Includes photo of battle flag.
52nd Regiment NC Troops
- Features list of engagements and unit history.
6th North Carolina Cavalry
- Battle history of the unit.
6th North Carolina Cavalry
- The regiment was officially organized by the consolidation of the 5th and 7th North Carolina Cavalry Battalions. Contains organization and roster.
6th North Carolina State Troops, Co. I
- Muster role and unit history.
8th NC Cavalry, Partisan Rangers
- Unit history and battles.
Bertie County War History
- Features information on local units.
- Details life and career of the controversial Confederate general
Bragg, Braxton- Major General CSA
- Photo and biography of the commander of the Army of Tennessee, born near Warrenton. Bragg was one of only eight Confederates promoted to full general during the war.
The Cleveland Blues-Company D, 14th Regiment, NC Troops
- Unit roster and history of formation.
The Cleveland Guards, Company E, 12th Regiment, NC Troops
- Brief history and muster roll.
Company C, 15th Regiment NC Troops
- Unit formation and roster.
Company D, 16th Regiment NC Troops
- Roster of this Rutherford County unit.
Company D, Reilly's Battery, 1st Regiment North Carolina Artillery
- Includes information about unit histories, horses and equipment, SOP, photos, schedule, and rosters.
Cox, William Ruffin, Brigadier General
- Essay on the life of the Scotland Neck native who was wounded 11 times and ordered the last artillery barrage at Appomattox.
Extracts of Letters of Major General Bryan Grimes to His Wife
- Extracts of letters written while in active service in the army of Northern Virginia together with some personal recollections of the war.
Famous Units-26th NC Regiment
- History of the regiment that was "farthest to the front at Gettysburg".
First NC Colored Infantry/Thirty-fifth USS Colored Troops
- A brief history of the men organized into the 35th USCT commanded by Colonel James Beecher.
Fort Branch Civil War Site
- Photos, illustrations and history of the battle.
Gatlin, Richard, Brig. General
- Biographical details of his life and service.
General Braxton Bragg-Scapegoat
- A look at the controversy surrounding Bragg's performance as commander at Atlanta.
General Rufus Barringer and the 1st North Carolina Cavalry
- Biography and photo of Confederate cavalry officer from Concord.
Harrington Light Artillery
- Unit history and information on battles fought.
Hill, Daniel Harvey, Major General
- Biography of officer who served in both the Army of Northern Virginia and the Army of the Tennessee.
Hill, Daniel Harvey-The Formative Years
- Paper on the early years of NC Major General, with photos and bibliography.
History of Battery A, 1st Regiment North Carolina Artillery
- Regimental organization and campaign history.
Hyde County Confederate Soldiers
- Rosters and histories of Companies formed in Hyde County
Hyde County Soldiers in the 1st and 2nd NC Infantry, Union
- History and roster of Union army unit formed after the fall of the NC coast to Federal troops in 1862.
Index to Civil War Soldiers of Lincoln County
- Gives name, rank, date of enlistment and discharge if available.
Kirkland, William Wheeler, Brig. General
- Biography, list of campaigns and photo.
List of NC Troops in which men from Cleveland and Rutherford Served
- Rosters and unit histories.
Maffitt, John N., Capt., CSN
- Biography and photos of the Wilmington native who commanded the Confederate Cruiser CSS Florida,
Major General Cadmus Marcellus Wilcox
- Detailed biography of NC-born officer who commanded an Alabama brigade in A.P. Hill's Light Division. Includes full history of his actions at Gettysburg.
Major General Stephen D. Ramseur
- Photos and biography of Lincolnton native who commanded a division in the 2nd Corps, Army of Northern Virginia.
Major General William Dorsey Pender
- Photo and biography of Edgecombe County native who was a division commander in A.P. Hill's 3rd Corps, Army of Northern Virginia.
McRae's Battalion, North Carolina Cavalry, CSA
- History of the unit, service record, roster.
Mecklenburg County Civil War Rosters
- Features lists of officers and men in various units.
NC African American Sailors in the Union Navy
- List of NC sailors who served on Federal ships.
North Carolina Battle Map of the Civil War
- Battle locations and reference information for each site.
North Carolina Civil War Image Portfolio
- A list of images at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Includes soldiers, battlefields and historical personalities.
North Carolina U.S. Colored Troops
- Home Page for the North Carolina United States Colored Troops Project.
The Pender / Scales Brigade, North Carolina Infantry
- History and rosters of the 13th NC, 16th NC, 22nd NC, 34th NC and 38th NC infantry regiments. Includes battles and campaigns.
Roberts, William Paul, Brig. General
- Biography and campaigns of the youngest Confederate general officer.
Roster of Croom's Company, Kinston Provost Guards
- Unit history, list of officers and men.
Roster of Haywood County, NC Civil War Soldiers
- A very complete listing of those from Haywood Co. who fought in the Civil War.
Union Volunteer Regiments in Eastern North Carolina
- Regimental history of the 1st and 2nd Union Volunteers.
William Holland Thomas' Legion of Cherokee Indians and Highlanders
- "Official History" with photos: it is also called the 69th North Carolina Infantry Regiment and Thomas' Legion. Includes: Walker's Battalion, Love's Regiment, Cherokee Battalion, Cherokee Body Guards, Levi and Barr's Light Artillery Battery, and the Pioneer Company.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 11, 2015 at 6:54:05 UTC -