become an editor
the entire directory
only in North_Carolina/Science_and_Environment
Science and Environment
Fossils and Paleontology
Regional: North America: United States: Regions: South and Southeast: Science and Environment
Regional: North America: United States: Science and Environment
Society: Issues: Environment: Conservation and Endangered Species: Regional: North America: United States: North Carolina
Society: Issues: Environment: Organizations: National Audubon Society: Regional: United States: North Carolina
- Will Cook's personal web site with photographs and information about birds, reptiles and amphibians, insects, spiders, and plants; links to nature resources.
Carolina Recycling Association
- State-based recycling association conserves resources by advancing waste reduction and recycling. Includes board, membership, councils, and events. Based in Pittsboro, NC.
Catawba Lands Conservancy
- A regional land trust that protects the land, water and wildlife resources of the Southern Piedmont and Lower Catawba River Basin.
Citizen's Handbook of North Carolina's Environmental Information Sources
- Lists and links to information sources on a wide variety of topics.
Conservation Trust for North Carolina
- Helps protect the state's land and water resources. Features land trust assistance, landowner assistance, public policy, and list of local land trusts across the state.
Field and Swamp: a Romp through Biodiversity
- Dorothy E. Pugh's personal website, containing photos of butterflies and other insects, arachnids, reptiles, amphibians, birds, and other wildlife.
Jeff Pippen's Nature Home Page
- Photographs and notes on butterflies, dragonflies, birds, plants, and other natural history topics.
Land Management Group
- Environmental consultants specializing in wetlands, CAMA permits and soil sciences. Company profile, information on services and projects.
N. C. Ecosystem Enhancement Program (NCEEP)
- Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of wetlands, streams, and riparian areas in the state. Features projects, news, services and information for landowners.
- Photographs and information about the butterflies, dragonflies, and wildflowers of North Carolina by Ted and Linda Wilcox of Ashe County.
NCPIRG - North Carolina Public Interest Research Group
- Works to uncover threats to public health and well-being and fight to end them via investigative research, media exposés, grassroots organizing, advocacy and litigation.
Nicholas School of The Environment
- Duke University's graduate research and professional school for the interdisciplinary study of the environment, biological, physical and social sciences. Features research and division centers, staff and faculty, news, facilities, academic programs.
North Carolina Arboretum
- A public institution integrating education, landscape, and research that elevates the aesthetic, cultural, and economic quality of life in North Carolina.
North Carolina Botanical Garden
- A regional center for research, conservation, and interpretation of plants located in Chapel Hill.
North Carolina Chapter of The Nature Conservancy
- Information about preserves, natural history, and conservation initiatives.
North Carolina Conservation Network
- Statewide network of environmental groups. Information on membership and projects.
North Carolina Ecological Services, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
- Information about programs and concerns related to the coastal region, toxic contaminants, endangered species, habitat management, wetlands, and other aspects of fish and wildlife protection and enhancement.
North Carolina Geological Survey
- Information about geology and mineral resources in the state, including geologic and geophysical maps, publications, education programs, professional licensing and other regulatory requirements, and FAQs.
North Carolina Mosquito and Vector Control Association
- Provides networking and educational opportunities, supports and promotes research and related activities, and provides a forum for intergovernmental communication. Includes a newsletter.
The North Carolina Native Plant Society
- Promotes the enjoyment and conservation of native plants and their habitats through education, protection, and propagation. Articles, recommendations, sources, and information about membership.
North Carolina Natural Heritage Program
- Inventories, catalogs, and facilitates protection of the rarest and the most outstanding elements of the natural diversity of the state.
North Carolina Sociological Association
- Dedicated to making available scholarly knowledge of the social patterns of North Carolina to the region, nation and world.
North Carolina Spring Water Association (NCSWA)
- Works with the Attorney General of all the states for protection of open bodies of water and to stop the destruction of our water sheds.
Office of Environmental Education
- Serves as a clearinghouse linking people to environmental education materials, facilities, programs, and professionals across the state.
State Climate Office of North Carolina
- The official website for the state's climate information and data retrieval. Features online data, FAQs, education resources.
Trees, Shrubs, and Woody Vines of North Carolina
- Photographs and information on over 450 species, identification key, and full species list for the state.
Science and Environment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 22, 2014 at 12:24:07 UTC -