become an editor
the entire directory
only in Mountains/Society_and_Culture
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: North Carolina: Regions: Mountains: Society and Culture
Regional: North America: United States: North Carolina: Society and Culture
American Civil Liberties Union of Western North Carolina
- Regional chapter of the ACLU. Features local action, meetings, college chapters. Based in Asheville.
Blue Ridge National Heritage Area
- Designated by Congress in 2003, the project celebrates the cultural history of the state's mountain area. Features regional crafts, music and agriculture plus national treasures.
Childers-Shepherd Family Histories
- This site presents the history of the Childers and Shepherd families and their connections in western North Carolina. Includes introduction, surnames, related historical sites.
Community Foundation of Western North Carolina
- Creating a pool of charitable capital available for the eighteen western counties of the state. Information for advisors, donors, grants, and scholarships.
Daniel Boone Council, Boy Scouts of America
- Information on programs and activities for Scout council which covers most of Western North Carolina.
Friends Of Mountain History
- Provides advocacy, educational support, and financial assistance to preserves the historical and cultural heritage of 24 western counties. Features goals, grants, programs, news.
Lost Pets of Western North Carolina
- Free service where users may post and view lost, found, and sighted pets in the region. Also offers contact information for area shelters and veterinarians.
Mediation & Restorative Justice Center, Inc.
- Nonprofit organization offers professional mediation services. Includes services and contact information. Locations in Boone, Micaville, Mars Hill and Wilkesboro.
Mountain Area Red Cross
- Provides volunteer disaster services, blood collection and emergency assistance to western North Carolina.
North Carolina Bartram Trail Society
- Official site of the society that maintains a 100-mile memorial trail walked by botanist William Bartram in 1775.
The Episcopal Diocese of Western North Carolina
- Information on Diocese, programs and ministries, and member churches.
- Community of people who profess no belief in god(s). Features constitution, membership information, news, online forum.
Western Office of the Division of Archives and History
- Branch of the Office of Archives and History-Department of Cultural Resources, offering professional expertise in historic resource management. Information on programs and services.
YMCA of Western North Carolina
- Builds strong kids, strong families, strong communities.
Society and Culture
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, March 20, 2010 1:00:52 PM EDT -