become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Organizations
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: North Carolina: Localities: A: Asheville: Society and Culture: Organizations
Regional: North America: United States: North Carolina: Society and Culture: Organizations
Asheville Alcoholics Anonymous
- Information on group and meeting locations and schedule.
Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity
- Nonprofit group builds houses using community volunteers. Features mission and values, history and sponsors, information on volunteering and making donations.
Asheville Fire Fighters Association Local 865
- Offers information on activities and benefits.
Asheville Jewish Community Center
- Offers services and resources for adults of the Jewish faith. Information on facility and services.
Asheville New Friends
- Organization of social and special interest groups for area newcomers. Information on programs and contact information.
Asheville Paranormal Society
- Includes meeting information, forum, results of investigations, local ghost stories, essays and places worth visiting.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Western North Carolina
- Serves children and teens of the area. Features events, staff, stories plus information on contributions and volunteering.
Biltmore Masonic Lodge No. 446
- Officers, announcements, contact information and meeting schedule for this fraternal society.
- Helps overcome racism through education and consciousness raising. Features history of the group, programs offered, registration information.
Citizens for Media Literacy
- Non-profit organization linking media literacy with the concepts and practices of citizenship. Includes suggested reading and contact information.
Downtown Asheville Residential Neighbors (DARN)
- Local group supporting community in the central business district. Features meetings, events, archive of meeting notes, policies.
Grove Arcade Public Market Foundation
- Group restoring historic building downtown. Information on project, foundation and contact information.
Hearts With Hands
- Christian non-profit organization providing disaster relief and food pantry. Includes mission, founder, history, staff, board of directors, services, details on donations.
- Group with a mission to end chronic homelessness in the city. Features vision, programs, partners, news, board and staff, FAQs.
Mountain Ale and Lager Tasters
- Homebrewers club offers monthly tastings and competitions. Features events, awards, membership information.
Operation New Hope For Western North Carolina
- Organization attempting to provide skills and tools necessary for residents of Western North Carolina to attain self-sufficiency. Mission statement and information on programs.
Scottish Rite Valley of Asheville
- Local chapter of the fraternal order of Masons. Presents history, programs and fundraisers, calendar, list of lodges.
United Way of Asheville and Buncombe County
- Community service organization. Information on programs, services and member agencies.
University of Virginia Alumni Association-WNC Chapter
- Features information on activities, membership and contact information.
YWCA of Asheville
- Information on programs for youth and girls, child care and adolescent pregnancy prevention. Also programs for women and contact information.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 13, 2014 at 13:54:07 UTC -