become an editor
the entire directory
only in Asheville/Society_and_Culture
Society and Culture
Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual
Regional: North America: United States: North Carolina: Counties: Buncombe: Society and Culture
Regional: North America: United States: North Carolina: Metro Areas: Asheville Metro: Society and Culture
Regional: North America: United States: North Carolina: Regions: Mountains: Society and Culture
- Nonprofit group educates residents on how to best donate time or money to local charities. Features an overview of the charities and blog.
Asheville River Gate
- Information on the city's Riverside Drive Riverfront Redevelopment Plan. Includes details on Asheville Area Riverfront Redevelopment Commission (AARRC) membership and meetings.
Asheville Sister Cities
- Offers information on program, history, and links to sister cities.
Asheville Tea Party
- Local activists for individual rights, limited government, fiscal responsibility and free markets. Features action alerts, book list, calendar, video archives, photo gallery, political candidate bios.
Be Loved House
- An intentional community serving the poor and homeless. Features services, needs, news, details on donating, location.
Charley Castex, Psychic Consultant
- Clairvoyant offers consultations and tarot readings. Features international tours, newsletter, and career profile.
Eliada Homes, Inc.
- Provides services to abused and neglected children and at-risk families. Overview of services and contact information.
Lewis Rathbun Center
- Non-profit organization provides free lodging for patients and their caregivers. Includes facilities, history and staff, FAQs, information on donations and volunteering.
Loving Food Resources
- Food pantry for people living with HIV/AIDS. Features vision, news, photo gallery, opportunities for volunteering.
Occupy Asheville Info
- Facebook page of local activists standing in solidarity with Occupy Wall Street. Posts breaking news and updated information on occupations, schedules and events in the city.
OpenDoors of Asheville
- Assists local at-risk children. Features staff, services, events, news, board of directors, list of mentors and volunteers.
- Grass roots group presents a community issues forum. Includes current issues, letters to and from city council, contact details for taking action.
Veterans for Peace Chapter 099
- Educational organization founded by ex-service members and dedicated to the abolishment of war. Features peace projects, calendar, Iraq reports, news, gallery.
Vietnam Veterans of America
- Committed in helping Vietnam Veterans and their families as they work and play, and as they continue to manage the legacy of their war experiences.
Society and Culture
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 14, 2015 at 20:20:57 UTC -