become an editor
the entire directory
only in Wake/Society_and_Culture
Society and Culture
Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual
Regional: North America: United States: North Carolina: Metro Areas: Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill: Society and Culture
Regional: North America: United States: North Carolina: Regions: Piedmont: Society and Culture
Regional: North America: United States: North Carolina: Society and Culture
The Arc of Wake County
- Organization serving individuals with developmental disabilities. Includes information about the group, services, membership details, volunteer opportunities, and local resources.
Capital Area Preservation
- Nonprofit organization tasked with preserving historic resources. Find information on programs, list of upcoming events, history of the group, and newsletters.
Genealogy Trails History Group : Wake County, North Carolina
- Offers cemetery listing, biographies, and links to military records.
Habitat for Humanity
- Offers directions to office, volunteer information and weekly building project schedule.
- Nonprofit agency providing support to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault. Includes details on available services, resource library, events calendar, and volunteer opportunities.
Meals on Wheels of Wake County
- Provides meals to the homebound elderly and individuals with disabilities. Includes program background, eligibility requirements, service areas, and ways to help.
Miracle League of the Triangle
- Organization that helps children with special needs play baseball. Learn about the group, register to play, and find ways to volunteer.
- Faith-based nonprofit community development corporation. Learn about the available programs, peruse the list of upcoming events, and find ways to get involved.
Resources for Seniors
- Features a database of resources for the elderly and links to other major aging-related sites.
Salvation Army of Wake County
- Charitable and social service organization supporting those in need. Provides news, upcoming events, ways to get and give support, and contact information.
Triangle Down Syndrome Network
- Organization providing support for families of children with Down syndrome. Find upcoming events, educational material, and grant opportunities.
The Urban Ministries of Wake County
- Provides food, shelter, medical and dental care, emergency assistance, counseling and support services. Includes program descriptions.
Wake County Firefighter's Association
- Features history, by-laws, information about the benevolent fund, and meeting schedule.
Wake County Genealogical Society
- Provides assistance to local genealogists and those researching in the area. Features list of publications, meeting schedule, officers, and related links.
Wake County Historical Society
- Group purposed with preserving and sharing the county's history. Includes society overview, membership form, list of programs, newsletters, and photos.
Wake County QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau
- Frequently requested statistics for Wake County.
Wake County Taxpayers Association
- Non-partisan volunteer group monitoring the use of taxes. Includes overview of the organization, list of key issues, meeting schedule, membership information, and contact information.
Wake County United Nations Association
- Organization providing local advocacy for the Union Nations. Find upcoming events, announcements, membership information, and outreach activities.
Wake Up Wake County
- Nonpartisan organization focused on local growth and development issues. Includes group overview, current issues, and membership information.
Women's Center of Wake County
- Serving low income and homeless women and children. Includes history of the organization, list of services, news, upcoming events, and links to related resources.
Society and Culture
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 25, 2014 at 10:45:07 UTC -