become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Disability_Resources
Society and Culture
New York City
Regional: North America: United States: Society and Culture: Disability Resources
- Suffolk AHRC (Association for the Help of Retarded Children) provides educational, residential, day care and work programs for persons with mental retardation and developmental disabilities.
Brain Injury Association of New York State
- A not-for-profit membership organization that advocates on behalf of individuals with brain injury and their families and develops programs that promote changing the behaviors that place people at risk for sustaining a brain injury.
Developmental Disabilities Alliance of WNY
- DDAWNY is a group of member voluntary agencies providing services throughout eight western New York counties. Links to member agencies, events calendar.
- A New York based service organization dedicated to providing greater accessibility to arts and cultural events for the Deaf and hard of hearing community.
Independent Living Council
- Advocates for the inclusion of people with disabilities in society. Includes executive committee and members listings, ILC directory and purpose.
Mental Health Association in New York State, Inc. (MHANYS)
- Dedicated to ensuring that public mental health policy is just, fair and promotes equality and opportunity.
Mountain Lake Services
- Serving people with developmental disabilities from offices at Port Henry in the Adirondacks, in Essex County. Donations and membership, map and location, employment.
New York State Speech-Language-Hearing Association (NYSSLHA)
- An organization of professionals - speech language pathologists and audiologists - engaged in clinical, educational, or research activities in communication disorders.
- A family-based organization working with and for people with intellectual and other developmental disabilities.
Parent to Parent of New York State
- Organization whose goal is to connect and support families of individuals with special needs.
- A private, non-profit agency providing quality and innovative services to over 5,000 individuals with special needs and their families throughout Western New York.
Self-Advocacy Association of NYS
- Statewide not-for-profit organization run by people with disabilities for people with disabilities. Annual conference information, poetry and songs, issues, and membership information.
Vocational and Educational Services for Individuals with Disabilities (VESID)
- Promotes educational equity and excellence for students with disabilities while ensuring that they receive the rights and protection to which they are entitled
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 24, 2013 at 10:24:07 UTC -