become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Organizations
Society and Culture
Regional: North America: United States: New York: Counties: Monroe: Society and Culture: Organizations
- The Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired (ABVI)-Goodwill Industries of Greater Rochester, Inc. Provides history, training and job opportunities, a tour of the facilities and contact information.
Action for a Better Community, Inc.
- A non-profit organization who strives to stimulate a better focusing of all available local, state, private, and federal resources upon the goal of enabling low-income individuals of all ages, in rural and urban areas, to attain the skills, knowledge, and opportunities needed for them to become fully self sufficient.
Advocacy Center, The
- A non-profit organization that provides education, advocacy and support for individuals with developmental disabilities, traumatic brain injuries, and their families.
Daisy Marquis Jones Foundation
- Dedicated to improving the well being of residents in Monroe and Yates counties by funding programs that aid disadvantaged children and families.
EAA Chapter 44
- Local chapter of the Experimental Aircraft Association promotes general and sport aviation. Member projects, contact information, history, photo gallery and meeting information.
Family Service Of Rochester, Inc.
- Offers a wide array of counseling, educational, and support services to improve the quality of life for people of all ages and backgrounds.
Friends of Mount Hope Cemetery
- Strive to optimize the cemetery's potential as a cultural resource through education, preservation, and promotion of Mt. Hope Cemetery's unique heritage
Greater Rochester Quality Council
- A collaborative network of organizations and individuals with the shared purpose of maximizing the community's ability to implement quality principles and practices.
Landmark Society of Western New York
- Works to preserve, restore and revitalize historic homes, buildings, and landscapes in the Rochester region, and to educate the public about the area's architectural heritage.
Literacy Volunteers of Rochester, Inc.
- Recruits and trains volunteers to tutor or learn basic literacy or English for speakers of other languages.
Open Door Mission
- Community funded organization that provides spiritual and material comfort to the less fortunate.
Puerto Rican Festival of Rochester, Inc.
- Organization for the express purpose of celebrating and recognizing the culture of Puerto Ricans. Provides history, festival information, photo album, and schedule of events.
Rochester Area Community Foundation
- A nonprofit institution that provides grants for a wide variety of arts, education, social service, and other civic purposes.
Rochester Chapter, National Railway Historical Society
- Lists museum collection, chapter activities and books for sale.
Rochester Genealogical Society
- Resources for those tracing their roots in the Upper Genesee River Valley.
Society for Technical Communication, Rochester Chapter
- Local chapter of organization devoted to the advancement of the theory and practice of technical communication.
Tainan-Rochester Friendship City
- Weblog members work toward becoming Friendship Cities based on an exchange of knowledge.
Turkish Society of Rochester
- Offers a school for 70 Turkish children who study the Turkish language, geography, history and Islam, a coffee house, and other social activities.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 25, 2014 at 12:24:05 UTC -