become an editor
the entire directory
only in World_Trade_Center/Collapse_Analysis
New York City
Arts and Entertainment
World Trade Center
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: New York: Localities: N: New York City: Manhattan: Arts and Entertainment: Architecture: World Trade Center: Collapse Analysis
Nova Online: Why the Towers Fell / Building on Ground Zero
- Investigates the causes of the collapse. Includes interviews with survivors and engineers, information on the design of the building and recommendations for future buildings.
The Science of Terrorism
- Jupiter Scientific explains the physics of the destruction of the towers.
World Trade Center - Some Engineering Aspects
- University of Sydney civil engineering department shares some thoughts and quick analyses.
WTC Locked Fire Doors and Other Exit Barriers
- Accumulation of quotes on locked doors into and out of the WTC fire stair, plus other evacuation barriers, including barrier to the disabled.
Final Reports of the Federal Building and Fire Investigation of the World Trade Center Disaster
- This report describes how the aircraft impacts and subsequent fires led to the collapse of the towers after terrorists flew jet fuel laden commercial airliners into the buildings; whether the fatalities were low or high, including an evaluation of the building evacuation and emergency response procedures; what procedures and practices were used in the design, construction, operation, and maintenance of the towers; and areas in current building and fire codes, standards, and practices that warrant revision. (October 01, 2005)
Why Did the World Trade Center Collapse? Science, Engineering, and Speculation
- Article appears in the journal JOM, 53 (12) (2001), pp. 8-11. (October 01, 2001)
ArchitectureWeek: World Trade Center Destroyed
- Editorial by Kevin Matthews, editor in chief and B.J. Novitski, managing editor. (September 12, 2001)
New Scientist: Design Choice for Towers Saved Lives
- A lucky choice of design for the World Trade Center towers reduced the death toll caused by their destruction, say engineers. (September 12, 2001)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, January 2, 2007 11:01:51 PM EST -