become an editor
the entire directory
only in Manhattan/Arts_and_Entertainment
New York City
Arts and Entertainment
Artists and Galleries
Clubs and Venues
Restaurants and Bars
Regional: North America: United States: Arts and Entertainment
Regional: North America: United States: New York: Arts and Entertainment
Regional: North America: United States: New York: Localities: N: New York City: Arts and Entertainment
Americans for the Arts
- National organization that supports the arts and culture through private and public resource development.
Artists For Israel International
- Scripture translation, library of new books and materials, TV production company, a television program, a recording company, an improvisational comedy company, a repertory acting company, a publishing house, and a yeshiva.
- Online gallery featuring selected artists and their work. Includes gallery and museum links.
Arts and Business Council Inc.
- Promotes partnerships between corporations and nonprofit arts groups.
Broken Arts Restoration
- A company that restores antique, heirloom and collectible objects.
The City Review
- e-Zine devoted to Manhattan affairs and the arts with a strong emphasis on architecture, planning, real estate, museums, books and consumer technology.
Clown Magic Party Entertainment
- Full service party company, including clowns and magicians. Brochure available.
Dia Center for the Arts
- A multi-disciplinary contemporary arts organization. Online galleries, downloadable poetry readings. Includes a screen saver from one of their Artists' Projects for the Web series.
F. J. Hakimian, Inc.
- Gallery specializing in antique oriental and European carpets, rugs and period tapestries. Also an in-house conservation and restoration atelier.
- Information covers advertising, models, newstand pricing, subscriptions, and events.
- A national non-profit artist service organization providing a range of support services for the independent arts community.
Franklin Furnace Archive, Inc.
- Avant-garde performance art institution presents The Future of the Present, 22 netcasts of temporal work by performance artists.
French Institute/Alliance Francaise
- French language teaching and cultural events (concerts, dance, theatre, lectures); the largest private French library in the U.S.
- Information about the New York International Fringe Festival. Includes a list of shows and ticket information, volunteers, and profile.
Goethe-Institut New York
- German arts and culture. Exhibits, films, language courses, lectures, seminars.
The Grolier Club
- This bibliophile society maintains a research library and produces exhibitions on the art and history of book production. The site describes current and recent exhibits and includes a catalog of the library.
- Offers tickets to various arts events to students aged 13 to 18.
International Foundation for Art Research (IFAR)
- Authentication service for private individuals, art dealers, museums, and other institutions.
Japanese Art Dealers Association of New York
- Not-for-profit association that promotes the appreciation, understanding, and collecting of pre-1870 Japanese art. Information about members and notable museum exhibitions of Japanese art is provided.
La Maison Française of NYU
- Lectures, symposia, conferences, panel discussions, film and video screenings, art exhibits, concerts, theater productions, and special presentations.
Leo Baeck Institute
- Research, study and lecture center whose library and archives offer documentation for the study of the history of German-speaking Jewry.
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts
- The largest cultural complex in the world offers an array of programs every day of the year.
Montezinos, Joseph and Nina
- Husband and wife team, fashion photographer and painter respectively, offer portfolios of their work and biographies.
The National Cartoonists Society
- Largest organization of professional cartoonists.
New York Foundation for the Arts
- Programs in three major areas: grants, education, and services and technology.
- Nightclub, restaurant, and bar promotions in the NYC and Long Island areas. Offers membership, reviews, and contact information.
- A guide to alternative New York arts and entertainment - independent film, off-off-Broadway theater, music, dance, art.
- A collective web space for experimental media arts.(arts)
- Offers custom illustration and art work for invitations, gifts, and wall hanging. Includes products, examples, contact information, and affiliate program.
- Avant-garde jazz, dancers, poets and visual artists. An annual event. This was the one that took place in May, 1999.
Winter Antiques Show
- Guide to New York's pre-eminent antiques and fine art show. Includes a full list of exhibitors.
- A one-on-one service that helps writers achieve their creative potential and literary goals.
- An events planning and promotional company hosting 18 and over college parties for the gay, straight, and bisexual NYC college communities.
Arts and Entertainment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 9, 2015 at 9:24:11 UTC -