LONG LAKE - was formed from Arietta, Lake Pleasant, Morehouse, and Wells, May 4, 1837, and enlarged by additions from Lake Pleasant, Arietta and Morehouse, in 1861. It extends across the n. end of the co., and is named from a lake within its borders. Its surface is very broken, and numerous lakes are scattered through its forests, and some of them many miles in extent. Settlement was begun in Township 21, a few years before the date of its organization. This category may contain sites in topical sub-categories as well as links to other geographic categories.
Last update:August 19, 2016 at 5:54:03 UTC