The town of Hancock was named for John Hancock when it was separated from the Town of Colchester in 1806. Until the formation of Delaware County in 1797, the area was part of Ulster County. The Village of Hancock is located 140 miles northwest of New York City and 38 miles east of the Binghamton metropolitan area. For sites covering the business and economic activities in Hancock, New York, including listings of companies and industries.
Related categories 2
Last update:December 7, 2015 at 7:57:35 UTC