The Village of Clifton Springs is located in the Heart of the Finger Lakes section of New York State among it's rolling hills and woodlands. The first settlers of the area were Native Americans for this was the domain of the Seneca Nation, part of the Iroquois group. The first white settlers arrived in 1800 when John Shekell of Maryland moved into the area above the brimstone springs and erected his first log cabin and tavern. Several other Maryland families followed and took up farms in the rich land found around the Village proper. This category may contain sites in topical sub-categories as well as links to other geographic categories.
Last update:July 16, 2015 at 0:00:20 UTC