become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/History
Society and Culture
Maps and Views
Santa Fe Trail
Society: History: By Region: North America: United States: West
500 Years of Encounters 1492-1992
- Events that shaped New Mexico Hispanic arts and crafts.
- Traditional designs and techniques. Many photos illustrate historical and current procedures.
Army Corps of Engineers Albuquerque District
- Among other information about permits, offers a 118-picture slide show of historical water resources.
Census Bureau Profiles
- "Profile" of each county including historical census information, plus a map.
- From the Western Regional Climate Center, historical summaries of climate including snow fall tables for over 200 sites in New Mexico.
Cuarto Centrennial History Series
- Many historical articles about settlement in New Mexico by Juan de Onate in 1598 from the Albuquerque Journal.
Folk Arts of the Spanish Southwest
- Discussion of Old World Spanish traditions and native Indian sensibilities. Includes tour of five rooms at the National Gallery of Art.
- Geology, history of native inhabitants, other subjects. With photos.
Hispano Music and Culture of the Northern Rio Grande
- Juan B. Rael Collection of religious and secular music of Spanish-speaking residents of northern New Mexico including essays in both English and Spanish.
Hollister Collection of Southwestern Native American Pottery
- Photos of pots in the collection held at the Indian Pueblo Cultural Center in Albuquerque with information about each.
- Reprints articles about the Sacramento Mountain area such as "Life as it was in the Sacramentos" from Mountain Times, monthly newspaper located in Timberon.
New Mexico History
- From the New Mexico Magazine Vacation Guide.
New Mexico Office of the State Historian
- Aims to foster an appreciation and understanding of the state's history. Includes timeline and calendar.
Passport Records 1828-1836
- Mexican Port of Entry Records taken at Santa Fe, New Mexico Territory. Published by the New Mexico Genealogical Society.
Repositories of Primary Sources: New Mexico
- Links to sources of historical materials in New Mexico. Published by the University of Idaho Library, Special Collections and Archives department.
Timeline of New Mexico History
- Includes events from 25000 BC to 1998, from the New Mexico Blue Book.
WPA Life Histories from New Mexico
- First-person accounts of life in New Mexico collected during the Great Depression and stored at the Library of Congress. Includes Pioneer Stories, oral histories.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 6, 2014 at 6:47:26 UTC -