become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/History
Society and Culture
Maps and Views
Santa Fe Trail
Society: History: By Region: North America: United States: West
500 Years of Encounters 1492-1992
- Events that shaped New Mexico Hispanic arts and crafts.
- Traditional designs and techniques. Many photos illustrate historical and current procedures.
Army Corps of Engineers Albuquerque District
- Among other information about permits, offers a 118-picture slide show of historical water resources.
Census Bureau Profiles
- "Profile" of each county including historical census information, plus a map.
- From the Western Regional Climate Center, historical summaries of climate including snow fall tables for over 200 sites in New Mexico.
Cuarto Centrennial History Series
- Many historical articles about settlement in New Mexico by Juan de Onate in 1598 from the Albuquerque Journal.
Folk Arts of the Spanish Southwest
- Discussion of Old World Spanish traditions and native Indian sensibilities. Includes tour of five rooms at the National Gallery of Art.
- Geology, history of native inhabitants, other subjects. With photos.
Hispano Music and Culture of the Northern Rio Grande
- Juan B. Rael Collection of religious and secular music of Spanish-speaking residents of northern New Mexico including essays in both English and Spanish.
Hollister Collection of Southwestern Native American Pottery
- Photos of pots in the collection held at the Indian Pueblo Cultural Center in Albuquerque with information about each.
- Reprints articles about the Sacramento Mountain area such as "Life as it was in the Sacramentos" from Mountain Times, monthly newspaper located in Timberon.
New Mexico History
- From the New Mexico Magazine Vacation Guide.
New Mexico History - New Mexico State University
- Covers University history, New Mexico history, links to other public history pages and links to historical editing web pages including the Jack D. Rittenhouse Collection of Photographs from New Mexico.
New Mexico Office of the State Historian
- Aims to foster an appreciation and understanding of the state's history. Includes timeline and calendar.
Passport Records 1828-1836
- Mexican Port of Entry Records taken at Santa Fe, New Mexico Territory. Published by the New Mexico Genealogical Society.
Repositories of Primary Sources: New Mexico
- Links to sources of historical materials in New Mexico. Published by the University of Idaho Library, Special Collections and Archives department.
- In addition to general historical information, includes pages on the Civil War in New Mexico with text, photos and sketches, information about artifacts and remains, and essays.
Timeline of New Mexico History
- Includes events from 25000 BC to 1998, from the New Mexico Blue Book.
WPA Life Histories from New Mexico
- First-person accounts of life in New Mexico collected during the Great Depression and stored at the Library of Congress. Includes Pioneer Stories, oral histories.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 15, 2014 at 10:45:09 UTC -