become an editor
the entire directory
only in New_Jersey/Science_and_Environment
Science and Environment
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: New Jersey: Science and Environment
Conservation and Endangered Species
Fossils and Paleontology
Zoos and Aquariums
Regional: North America: United States: Science and Environment
Alliance for New Jersey Environmental Education
- Non-profit organization with affiliate links, regional updates, event calendars, and membership forms.
Bergen Save the Watershed Action Network (SWAN)
- Non-profit educational organization dedicated to the preservation of the Upper Hackensack River Watershed. Includes calendar of events.
Central Jersey Trout Unlimited
- Advocacy and conservation group seeking to protect cold water fisheries and their environments. Event schedules, membership forms, staff and board member directories, and legislative contacts.
Great Egg Harbor Watershed Association
- Non-profit membership organization dedicated to protecting the Great Egg Harbor River and its watershed, a National Wild and Scenic River in Southern New Jersey's Pinelands.
Jersey Fresh Availability Guide
- Chart of harvest times for vegetables in New Jersey.
Jersey Shore Chapter of Trout Unlimited
- Conserves, protects and restores trout and salmon fisheries and their watersheds. Meeting schedules, contacts, fishing reports, and photos. Serves Monmouth and Ocean Counties.
The Jersey Shore Partnership
- An authoritative source for information on shore protection, beach restoration, ocean water quality, offshore dumping, and related Jersey Shore issues.
Marine Mammal Stranding Center
- A private non-profit organization that responds to over calls for stranded whales, dolphins, seals, and sea turtles that washed ashore on New Jersey beaches.
Natural Resources Conservation Service - New Jersey
- Natural resources and environmental information
New Jersey Audubon Society
- Features news, details of educational programs and workshops, and research reports. Centers in counties throughout the state.
The New Jersey Conservation Foundation
- Preserves the state's land and natural resources endangered species. Contains an overview of the group's activities and partners, as well as membership information.
New Jersey Public Interest Research Group (NJPIRG)
- Non-profit, non-partisan watchdog group working on behalf of consumers, students, the environment, and government.
New Jersey Superfund Sites
- Listing of hazardous waste sites throughout the state.
NJ DEP, Division of Water Quality Mgmt.
- Ground water and surface water regulations, resources, studies, and databases for New Jersey.
NJDEP New Jersey Drought Information
- Features FAQs, conservation tips, status indicators, exemption forms, and news releases.
Old Pine Farm Natural Lands Trust
- Southern New Jersey Land Trust located on the tidal portion of Big Timber Creek. Includes history, event schedules, photos, maps, and membership information.
Passaic River Coalition
- Land and water resource advisory organization offering maps, meeting schedules, current issues, and links.
Plants of New Jersey Pine Barrens
- Features photos and descriptions of flowering, non-flowering, and fruiting plants.
Products from Recycled New Jersey Waste
- Program of the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection.
Rutgers Geology: Research in the Garden State
- Provides a list of ongoing projects and a New Jersey geologic map.
State Government Recycling Programs
- Official web site for the Department of Environmental Protection's Division of Solid and Hazardous Waste. Includes recycling statistics and lists of facilities, haulers and end markets.
Stony Brook Millstone Watershed Association
- Works to enhance the quality of the natural environment in the 265-square mile region drained by Stony Brook and the Millstone River. Calendar of events and how to get involved.
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, New Jersey Field Office
- About FWS programs in the state and its territorial waters.
Science and Environment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, November 22, 2013 5:15:07 PM EST -