become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/History
Society and Culture
Society: History: By Region: North America: United States
New Hampshire Historical Markers
- New Hampshire's historical markers point out 158 important places in New Hampshire's past. Some of these places contain tangible reminders of the past like a covered bridge or an old house. Others simply mark the spot where such a structure once stood, or they mark the location of a historical event that left no trace at all.
The Concord Coach
- Information on the world famous Abbot-Downing Concord Coaches and a little about the working conditions in the 1800s. Recent and historic photographs.
The Franklin Pierce Bicentennial
- Site commemorates the bicentennial of the birth of Franklin Pierce (1804-1869), the 14th President of the United States of America.
New Hampshire Archaeological Society
- Presents an award for outstanding contributions to research. List of recipients, application to join, officers, events, articles from the Bulletin of the New Hampshire Archeologist.
New Hampshire Aviation Historical Society
- Works to preserve the history of aviation in New Hampshire. Event listings, membership information, newsletter archive, contact information, and sponsor's page.
New Hampshire Division of Historical Resources
- Historic preservation promotes the use, understanding, and conservation of such properties for the education,inspiration, pleasure, and enrichment of New Hampshire's citizens.
New Hampshire Historical Society
- The independent nonprofit that saves, preserves, and shares New Hampshire history.
New Hampshire Maps
- The Perry-Castañeda Library Map Collection.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 20, 2016 at 12:57:39 UTC -