become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Disability_Resources
Society and Culture
Regional: North America: United States: Regions: New England: Society and Culture: Disability Resources
Regional: North America: United States: Society and Culture: Disability Resources
Brain Injury Association of New Hampshire.
- Works to improve the quality of life for survivors of brain injury and their families. Resource directory, newsletter, event listings, support groups, stroke information links, and volunteer opportunities.
Crotched Mountain Rehabilitation Center
- Provides comprehensive clinical, rehabilitation, and educational services for children and adults with disabilities. Lists programs, facilities, employment and volunteer opportunities, and organization history. Main campus located in Greenfield, with satellite locations in Derry, Manchester, and Portsmouth.
Disabilities Rights Center, Inc.
- Independent organization provides information, advice, legal representation, and advocacy to individuals with disabilities. Priority issues and projects, reported court cases, grievance procedures, fee policy, and contacts.
Easter Seals New Hampshire
- Provides rehabilitation services to children and adults with disabilities, injuries, and other special needs. Programs, events, volunteer and job opportunities, office locations, and legislation updates.
Granite State Independent Living
- Non-profit organization offers information, advocacy, and direct services for people with disabilities. Lists programs, news, events, staff directory, and related links.
Guardianship Services of New Hampshire
- Private practice offers protective services for disabled persons and/or their estates. Lists qualifications, rates, and contacts.
Institute on Disability - University Of New Hampshire
- The IOD was established to provide a University-based focus for the improvement of knowledge, policy, and practices relating to persons with disabilities in NH. Mission statement, current projects, program areas, publications for sale, seminar and conference schedules, and related links.
- Provides holistic support to individuals with developmental disabilities, including residential, training, transportation, and fiscal intermediary services. Lists programs, management team members, employment openings, testimonials, and member's area.
New Hampshire Family Voices
- Provides information and resources for families of special needs children. Includes lending library bibliography, support group directory, membership form, and related links.
North Country Independent Living
- Providing an alternative to institutionalized and campus living for persons with an acquired brain injury. Description of programs and contact information.
- Works with other agencies to provide accessible sports and recreational activities and programs. Also offers consulting services to companies, schools, and individuals. Specialized sports equipment available for rent. Affiliated with UNH.
Office of Public Guardian
- Provides professional guardianship and advocacy services to citizens of NH. Provides description of services, related links, and contact information.
Parent Information Center
- Provides information, support, and programs on the special education process for parents, families, and educators. Lists services, newsletter, reference articles, workshop calendar, membership information, staff directory, and related links.
- Offers employment and support services to individuals living in Sullivan and lower Grafton counties. Provides description of services, employment opportunities, and contact information.
People First of New Hampshire
- Support and advocacy group for people with disabilities. Mission statement, event reports and photos, chapter list, and related links.
Preschool Technical Assistance Network
- Promotes early care and education programs for children with special needs. Provides description of services; training programs; calendar of meetings; and links to contacts, resources, and child care providers.
- Non-profit organization serves people with developmental disabilities and acquired brain injuries. Services include day programs, respite care, and consultations.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 8, 2014 at 12:25:36 UTC -