become an editor
the entire directory
only in New_Hampshire/Society_and_Culture
Society and Culture
Clubs and Lodges
Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual
Regional: North America: United States: Regions: New England: Society and Culture
Regional: North America: United States: Society and Culture
Children's Alliance of New Hampshire
- Advocacy organization that works to improve the health and well-being of children in NH. Vision statement, board of directors, current issues, advocate's toolbox, online resources, and information on the NH Children's Advocacy Network.
Court Appointed Special Advocates of New Hampshire
- Non-profit group recruits, trains, and supervises volunteers to serve as advocates for abused and neglected children in the New Hampshire court system. Volunteer and donor information, history, mission statement, board of directors, newsletter, announcements, and training overview.
Family Resource Connection
- An information clearinghouse provided by the New Hampshire State Library. Offers resources for raising, caring for, and educating children in the state. Children's service directory, lending library materials list, related links, event calendar, support groups directory, and FAQs.
- Non-profit organization works to preserve French heritage and culture in the state. Provides news, calendar of events and meetings, schedule of language classes, photo gallery, and related links.
The Friends Program
- Operates statewide programs including Foster Grandparent Program, emergency housing, Interfaith Caregivers, and Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP). Provides program descriptions, related links, news, calendar, and contact information.
LifeWise Community Service Projects
- Advocates for Citizen Involvement, LifeWise continues to promote many and varied Volunteer Opportunities to the public at large. Volunteer Opportunities are often connected to issues of Safe Drinking Water through a program we call, Water Guardians. Site offer project list, partnership information, news and press releases, photo galleries, site search and information on officers and LifeWise NH.
New Hampshire Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence
- Umbrella organization for a statewide network of programs that works with victims of abuse. Includes crisis center directory and hotline numbers.
New Hampshire Peace Action
- Advocacy group works for disarmament, peace, and nonviolent conflict resolution. Provides event calendar, news and opinion articles, list of suggested actions, discussion forums, and related links.
- Works with Lakes Region United Way to promote family stabilization. Service area includes all of Belknap County, and parts of Carroll and Grafton Counties. Provides description of programs, calendar, and contact information.
- Provides resources and a clearinghouse for communities and people who wish to do volunteer work. Information on national service opportunities in the state, local groups looking for help, event calendar, volunteer management advice, organization directory by town, and related links.
Society and Culture
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 21, 2015 at 19:05:55 UTC -