become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/History
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Nevada: Society and Culture: History
Lake Tahoe Region
Society: History: By Region: North America: Ghost Towns
Buckaroos in Paradise
- Online documentation of a Nevada cattle-ranching community, with a focus on the family-run Ninety-Six Ranch, by the Paradise Valley Folklife Project (1978-1982). Articles, plus audio and video files.
Carl Albert Purpus
- Pioneer plant collector and writer in Western America around the late 1900s. Site describes findings, writings and travels, many of which were in Nevada.
Ghost Towns of Nevada
- Contains reports on access to ghost towns with descriptions, GPS coordinates, and photos.
Nevada Ghost Towns
- Boasts over 600 sites with photos.
Nevada Historical Societies
- A listing of addresses, with web site links, of many of the state's county historical societies.
Trails West, Inc.
- Trails West is a nonprofit group of volunteers who identify and mark the mid-1800's emigrant trail into California.
- Fine art photography by Glen Sheehan from the ghost towns and mining camps of Nevada.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, January 15, 2012 10:15:05 AM EST -