become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/History
Society and Culture
Lake Tahoe Region
Society: History: By Region: North America: Ghost Towns
Buckaroos in Paradise
- Online documentation of a Nevada cattle-ranching community, with a focus on the family-run Ninety-Six Ranch, by the Paradise Valley Folklife Project (1978-1982). Articles, plus audio and video files.
Carl Albert Purpus
- Pioneer plant collector and writer in Western America around the late 1900s. Site describes findings, writings and travels, many of which were in Nevada.
Nevada Historical Societies
- A listing of addresses, with web site links, of many of the state's county historical societies.
Trails West, Inc.
- Trails West is a nonprofit group of volunteers who identify and mark the mid-1800's emigrant trail into California.
- Fine art photography by Glen Sheehan from the ghost towns and mining camps of Nevada.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 2, 2015 at 7:05:03 UTC -