become an editor
the entire directory
only in Nevada/Science_and_Environment
Science and Environment
Lake Tahoe Region
Conservation and Endangered Species
Fossils and Paleontology
Regional: North America: United States: Regions: Southwest: Science and Environment
Regional: North America: United States: Science and Environment
Science: Technology: Energy: Nuclear: Nuclear Waste: Yucca Mountain, Nevada
Carson Water Subconservancy District
- Serves as the coordinating body for an Integrated Watershed Planning Process (IWPP) for the Carson River watershed.
Climate of Nevada
- Narrative written by the State Climatologists and published by the National Climatic Data Center.
Desert Research Institute
- Affiliated with University of Nevada; research programs focus on water resources and air quality, global climate change, the physics of the earth's turbulent atmosphere, and humanity's historic struggle to adapt to harsh environments.
DOE Nevada Photo Library
- A collection of historic still photos of nuclear tests at the Nevada Test Site and in the Pacific Ocean. Also includes photos of test preparations at the Test Site, waste management facilities, other infrastructure at the site, and wildlife living on the site.
Eureka County, Nevada Nuclear Waste Page
- Information for county and state citizens, concerning transportation and storage of nuclear waste. Includes news clippings, maps, and links.
Friends of Black Rock High Rock
- Dedicated to the health, diversity and productivity of the Black Rock and High Rock regions.
Friends of Nevada Wilderness
- Information and statistics about, current issues on, and photographs of Nevada's wilderness areas.
Keep Truckee Meadows Beautiful
- Dedicated to creating a cleaner, more beautiful region through education and active community involvement.
Lahontan Audubon Society
- Serves Northern Nevada from Reno; provides schedules and events calendar with links to related sites.
- Map, photos, and other information about meteorites recovered in Nevada and adjacent states.
Nevada Native Plant Society
- Non-profit organization presents its newsletter, field trips and programs, publications, and a plant photo gallery.
Nevada Rangeland Resources Commission
- Dedicated to the state’s rangelands and a better understanding of how ranchers use and manage public lands.
Nevada Water Resources Association
- Provides education, training, and networking opportunities for understanding, developing, conserving and protecting Nevada's water resources.
Nevada, Division of Environmental Protection
- Information to help individuals, companies, organizations, and governmental entities comply with Nevada environmental laws and regulations.
Pyramid Lake Fisheries
- Includes information on how the Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe is restoring and managing populations of the endangered Cui-ui and the threatened Lahontan cutthroat trout.
Science and Environment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 22, 2015 at 12:33:11 UTC -