become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/History
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Nebraska: Society and Culture: History
Arts: Literature: Authors: C: Cather, Willa: Works
Regional: North America: United States: Oregon: Society and Culture: Genealogy: Pioneers
Regional: North America: United States: Travel and Tourism: National Parks and Monuments: L: Lewis and Clark National Historic Trail
Society: History: By Region: North America: United States
Society: History: By Time Period: Nineteenth Century: Wars and Conflicts: Indian Wars
Andreas' History of the State of Nebraska
- Kansas Collection Books: Written by William Cutler and published by Andreas in 1882, this book provides a history of Nebraska. Full text transcription of the original publication.
John G. Neihardt State Historical Site
- Features the works and life of Nebraska's Poet Laureate, John G. Neihardt. Includes hours and contact details. Located in Bancroft.
Nebraska Historical Registered Sites
- Portal to museums, archeological excavations, early houses and other attractions. Navigate by map or county links.
Nebraska State Historical Society
- A collection of historical records, publications and records pertaining to Nebraska.
- Resource for teachers, students and adults interested in the state's history, geography, culture and people. Features lesson plans, video, and primary source historical documents.
The Negroes of Nebraska - Immigration
- Describes the lives and reasons for slaves and free African-Americans that moved to Nebraska during the 19th century. Page also gives account of tolerance and intolerance towards the new state residents.
Pennsylvania Colony of Nebraska Historical Society
- An organization dedicated to preserving the heritage of Pennsylvanians who migrated to the state in 1874. Includes history, pictures, current articles and facts.
To Nebraska in 1857
- Presents the complete text of the 1857 travel diary of Erastus F. Beadle (1821-1894), a man who arrived in Omaha during the early territorial days.
- Articles and photographs documenting the World's Fair held in Omaha in 1898 during and immediately after the Spanish-American War.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 24, 2013 at 11:24:04 UTC -