become an editor
the entire directory
only in Montana/Science_and_Environment
Science and Environment
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Montana: Science and Environment
Conservation and Endangered Species
Fossils and Paleontology
Regional: North America: United States: Regions: Northwest: Science and Environment
Regional: North America: United States: Science and Environment
Climate of Montana
- Narrative written by the State Climatologists and published by the National Climatic Data Center.
GORP: Custer National Forest Guide
- Great Outdoor Recreation Pages presents information on the National grasslands and forest.
Montana Academy of Sciences
- Volunteer, non-profit organization promoting the advancement of science and scientific studies throughout the state.
Montana Association of Conservation Districts
- Organization for units of local government designed to help citizens conserve their soil, water, flora and fauna, and other renewable natural resources. Describes their history and purpose, provides informational links and listings/links for county conservation districts.
Montana Field Guides
- Information on ecological systems, plants, lichen, and identification, habitat, ecology, reproduction, range, and distribution of the state's animal species, with references and photographs.
Montana Land Reliance
- A non-profit land trust that preserves and conserves private lands through conservation easements.
Montana Plant Life
- Articles, images, and information on flowering, medicinal, edible and poisonous plants of Montana.
Montana Tree Identification
- 7th grade science students have created a web site to help residents identify the trees in their area. Includes classification keys and contact information.
- A nonprofit organization that procures and administer funds garnered from grants and donations into wild trout habitat restoration projects.
Montana Water Center
- Information and research on a wide range of water-related topics, including drought and climate, fisheries health, water supply and wastewater systems, and water quality.
The Montana Watercourse
- Statewide water education program providing information and curriculum materials on water resources, watersheds, water quality, treatment, monitoring, and related topics.
Montana Wildlife Federation
- Advocacy organization for big game and non-game species, habitat management using hunting, fishing, water quality, and public access issues.
Montanans Against Toxic Burning
- Organization opposed to a proposal to burn scrap tires in a cement kiln in Gallatin County. Information about concerns regarding air quality and health, as well as about other uses for old tires.
Teller Wildlife Refuge
- A site in western Montana for environmental education, guest accommodations, land and water conservation, and several annual events. It is a private, non-profit organization.
Science and Environment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 3, 2013 at 23:06:03 UTC -