become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Organizations
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Minnesota: Society and Culture: Organizations
Jewish Family Services
Junior Chamber International
Lions Clubs International
Regional: North America: United States: Society and Culture: Organizations
1000 Friends of Minnesota
- Nonprofit working for sustainable development and responsible growth for Minnesota communities. Includes current publications.
- Grant-making organization. Also sponsors conferences and training programs. Special relationship with Grand Rapids and Itasca County, but mission to strengthen rural communities throughout Minnesota.
Central Minnesota Community Foundation
- Grant-making foundation attracts donations and distributes funds to charities in a seven-county area from Brainerd to Willmar. Information on their funds, priorities, criteria for grants, events, how to donate or request assistance.
District 6 Toastmasters
- Minnesota and Ontario district of international organization which helps members build their public speaking skills. Directory of local clubs. Calendar, reports on events, profiles of district officers, photo gallery.
Fellowship of Reconciliation (FOR) - Minnesota Chapter
- A non-denominational interfaith organization of pacifists. Its members recognize the essential unity of all humanity and have joined together to explore the power of love and truth for resolving human conflict.
Greater Minnesota Housing Fund
- Provides funding and technical assistance to Greater Minnesota communities for the creation of affordable housing. Contains programs, case studies and research.
- Tenants' advocacy organization.
Minnesota Alliance for Progressive Action
- MAPA is a statewide coalition of organizations which represent a range of constituencies concerned with economic and social justice, the environment, and human rights.
Minnesota Association of Cemeteries
- Organization of cemetery operators and members of governing boards. Latest issue of quarterly newsletter, member list, summary of benefits, brief history, contact information for consumer inquiries or complaints.
Minnesota Child Care Resource & Referral Network
- Nonprofit organization offers resources to parent and providers, assists employers who wish to offer child care benefits, conducts research. List of regional member programs, tips for parents, information for providers, county-by-county child care data.
Minnesota Coalition for the Homeless
- Includes a calendar of events, lesson plans, fact sheets, legislative information, provider network, newsletter, and links.
Minnesota Council of Nonprofits
- Provide electronic and online assistance and other information to nonprofit organizations and individuals interested in nonprofits.
Minnesota Housing Partnership
- Coalition of organizations focusing on homelessness and affordable housing. Features housing facts and current events.
Mothers Against Drunk Driving - Minnesota
- Provides information about the dangers of alcohol and drug consumption and driving motor vehicles.
Newcomers Club Directory for Minnesota
- A Minnesota directory of Newcomers Clubs, which help integrate new residents into the local community through social events, interest groups and children's activities
Operation Minnesota Nice
- Volunteers sending monthly care packages and letters to military overseas, especially to men and women who do not have a network of family and friends to support them. How it works, scheduled packing parties, requests for donations.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 26, 2010 at 22:43:52 UTC -