become an editor
the entire directory
only in History/Dakota_Conflict
Society and Culture
Society: History: By Time Period: Nineteenth Century: Wars and Conflicts: Indian Wars
Captured by the Indians: Reminiscences of Pioneer Life in Minnesota
- Book by Minnie Buce Carrigan, originally appeared as a serial in the Buffalo Lake News. Carrigan lived in Renville County, and was a child of 7 when taken captive by the Sioux in 1862. Full text in HTML or page images.
John McClymer: The Dakota Conflict of 1862
- Illustrated overview prepared for a college course in history. Includes discussion questions.
Minnesota Civil War Map of Battles
- Shows approximate locations of Fort Ridgely and Wood Lake.
Red Rock Central High School: Dakota Conflict
- Redwood Falls student project offers a timeline of the Sioux Uprising, original essays on important places and events, full text of a book on related monuments in Redwood and Renville Counties, links, photographs, bibliographies.
The Sioux Uprising of 1862
- Student project at the University of Minnesota Duluth. Includes 1862 map of Minnesota, a day-by-day account of the war, short biographies of Little Crow and John Other Day, comments on the results of the conflict.
The U.S.-Dakota War of 1862
- Information on Dakota history, the arrival of waves of immigrants, the war, and its lingering effects. Videos, oral histories, links to further information. From the Minnesota Historical Society.
The US-Dakota War, 150 Years Later
- A special project of Minnesota Public Radio News includes interviews, news stories, and features. Most are available both as audio and written transcript.
Little War on the Prairie
- John Biewen grew up in Mankato, but never heard about the US-Dakota War. He toured southern Minnesota with Mankato State professor Gwen Westerman, a Dakota. Audio and transcript. [This American Life] (November 23, 2012)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 17, 2015 at 12:00:16 UTC -