become an editor
the entire directory
only in Biography/Wellstone,_Paul_David
Society and Culture
Wellstone, Paul David
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Minnesota: Society and Culture: History: Biography: Wellstone, Paul David
Anti-war senator Wellstone dies in plane crash
- Report on the death of Minnesota Democrat Paul Wellstone, a liberal who was the only senator facing re-election to oppose the use of military force in Iraq. Includes biographical timeline. [The Guardian]
- Reflection on the shock of Senator Paul Wellstone's death. Lead article in a special feature section on Wellstone, which includes a photo essay, the Senator's own words, earlier features. [City Pages]
Former Carleton Professor Paul Wellstone Killed in Plane Crash
- News release from Carleton College in Northfield, Minnesota, where Paul Wellstone taught political science for more than twenty years. Photos, remembrances.
The life of Paul Wellstone
- The story of his political career from his first run for U.S. Senate in 1990 to his death in 2002. 1990 campaign ads in RealVideo, speeches by the late senator and others in RealAudio, photos. From Minnesota Public Radio.
- Portrait and biographical essay, with numerous links to related topics.
Paul Wellstone, RIP
- In the American Partisan, W. James Antle III remembers the Senator as someone who followed his convictions even when they were unpopular.
The Political Was Personal
- Photo essay in Mother Jones, on Paul Wellstone as a political campaigner.
Sen. Paul Wellstone, 1944-2002
- Brief biography, photos, news articles and interviews in RealAudio format. From National Public Radio.
Wellstone, Paul David (1944-2002)
- Curriculum vitae and portrait.
Paul Wellstone's Lesson for the Overwhelmed Dems
- What one Senator could and could not accomplish alone. [The Village Voice] (November 13, 2002)
Remembering Paul Wellstone
- Yes, he had the courage of his convictions. But he galvanized ordinary people because of the nature of his principles. An effort to bring fairness and compassion to the world would be the most fitting tribute. [In These Times] (November 08, 2002)
For the People
- Op-ed piece by Paul Krugman recalls Paul Wellstone as a true populist. Requires free registration. [New York Times] (October 29, 2002)
Remembering Paul Wellstone
- A former staffer reminisces about Wellstone as a campaigner. [Salon] (October 29, 2002)
Paul Wellstone: Not a Faker, Just Plain Honest
- It's obvious why the Minnesota Senator's death is a blow to liberals. But conservatives admired Wellstone as well. [Wall Street Journal] (October 28, 2002)
Senate loses a giant
- Washington correspondent Nick Bryant profiles the late Senator Wellstone. [BBC News] (October 28, 2002)
Wellstone's Death and the Congressional Balance of Power
- Analysis of the probable effect of the Senator's sudden death on the 2002 elections in Minnesota and nationwide, by Adam Nagourney. Requires free registration. [New York Times] (October 27, 2002)
A Liberal With a Wrestler's Stance
- Minnesotan Bill Holm remembers Wellstone and his unique approach to life and politics. Requires free registration. [New York Times] (October 26, 2002)
A Lifetime Together, Serving the People
- Article about Paul's wife Sheila Wellstone, their daughter Marcia Markuson, and others who died in the plane crash. Requires free registration. [New York Times] (October 26, 2002)
Minnesota Crash Kills Wellstone, Clouding Fight Over Senate
- Report on the plane crash which killed Senator Wellstone, his wife and daughter, and five others. Includes brief tributes from Tom Harkin, Ralph Nader. Requires free registration. [New York Times] (October 26, 2002)
- Editorial marking the death of a fighter, a maverick, a decent man. Requires free registration. [New York Times] (October 26, 2002)
Paul Wellstone, 58, Icon of Liberalism in Senate, Dies
- Full-length obituary of the firebrand, by David E. Rosenbaum. Requires free registration. [New York Times] (October 26, 2002)
Environmental Champion Wellstone Dies in Plane Crash
- Report on the death of Senator Paul Wellstone, an outspoken supporter of conservation and environmental causes. [Environment News Service] (October 25, 2002)
A Lifetime Spent as an Unapologetic Liberal
- A short account of Wellstone's Senate career. Requires free registration. [The New York Times] (October 25, 2002)
Minnesota senator killed in plane crash
- Brief article on the death of Paul Wellstone, his wife Sheila, daughter Marcia, and five others. Audio files of radio news story and interview, multimedia file of televised profile of the liberal senator's career. [CBC News] (October 25, 2002)
Paul Wellstone Dies in Tragic Plane Crash
- A profile of the man regarded by progressives as the conscience of the Senate. [AlterNet] (October 25, 2002)
Paul Wellstone, R.I.P.
- Obituary for the liberal member of the Senate, who was liked by even Right-wingers. [National Review] (October 25, 2002)
Paul Wellstone, Unabashed Liberal
- Editorial eulogizing the representative of "the Democratic wing of the Democratic Party." [The Progressive] (October 25, 2002)
Paul Wellstone: 1944-2002
- Short profile of the liberal champion of the little guy. [Time] (October 25, 2002)
Paul Wellstone: An Appreciation
- Op-ed piece. The senator was a "good guy," a principled liberal who will be missed by even his conservative opponents. [Wall Street Journal] (October 25, 2002)
Paul Wellstone: Gunboat Diplomacy, Gay Marriage, & Broken Promises
- Wellstone's decision to run for a third term as U.S. Senator, breaking his earlier pledge, is indicative of deeper problems. He has become a professional politician. [CounterPunch] (August 13, 2002)
Wellstone, Paul David
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 20, 2014 at 10:05:07 UTC -