become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/History
Society and Culture
Regional: North America: Regions: Great Lakes: Society and Culture: History
Regional: North America: United States: Minnesota: Society and Culture: Genealogy
Dahcotah, or, Life and Legends of the Sioux around Fort Snelling
- Mary Eastman's seminal work on the Dakota people, originally published in 1849. Searchable page images. Each page also in PDF for download.
The Debates and Proceedings of the Minnesota Constitutional Convention
- Official report on the (Democratic) convention that immediately preceded statehood. The Republican delegates formed a rival convention. Searchable page images.
Minnesota Historical Societies
- Locate address information (including web site links) to historical societies in each county within the state of Minnesota.
Minnesota Historical Society
- Dedicated to preserving and sharing Minnesota's history.
Minnesota's Historic Shipwrecks
- About the history of water travel and shipping on Lake Superior and the state's inland waters, including shipwrecks and their conservation.
Minnesota's National Register Properties
- Profiles of some properties in the state that are on the National Register of Historic Places, grouped by theme. FAQ, searchable database with basic details on thousands of Minnesota structures and districts listed on the National Register.
Preservation Alliance of Minnesota
- Provides educational and technical assistance to various history-oriented groups committed to preserving historic sites, buildings, and other resources.
The Star of the North
- Concentrates on 18th- and 19th-century Minnesota history, but also refers to earlier and later periods. Historical essay, hand-colored photographs and links. Today in History's entry for May 11. At the Library of Congress.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 17, 2015 at 10:36:01 UTC -