become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Disability_Resources
Society and Culture
Regional: North America: United States: Society and Culture: Disability Resources
The Arc of Minnesota
- Advocacy and support for people with developmental disabilities and their families.
- Nonprofit organization offers rehabilitation, recreational, vocational, community living, and mental health services to people with physical disabilities. Locations, programs, publications, public policy information.
Courage Handi-Ham System
- Amateur radio information for persons with disabilities. Helps people with physical disabilities obtain and renew their ham radio license. Offers radio camp.
Helping Paws of Minnesota
- Volunteer-based nonprofit organization whose mission is to further the independence of people with physical disabilities (other than blindness or deafness) through the use of service dogs.
- Regional organization advocating on behalf of persons with disabilities, providing social opportunities, PCA program, help moving out of nursing home. Covers nine counties in central Minnesota.
Lifeworks Services Inc.
- Supports adults with cognitive and physical disabilities. Includes details of services provided, volunteer opportunities, events and locations.
Minnesota Association of Centers for Independent Living
- Nonprofit advocacy organization promotes independent living for Minnesotans with disabilities. Services, links to regional centers.
Minnesota Disability Law Center
- State's designated provider of no-cost legal protection and advocacy for persons with disabilities. Mission statement, contact information, educational materials, overview of services.
Minnesota State Council on Disability
- Both an advocacy group and a state agency. Seeks to empower all persons with disabilities. Offers information to the legislature and to the public on disability issues, particularly legislative and public policy matters.
Minnesota State Services for the Blind
- A branch of the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development whose purpose is to foster vocational and personal independence for blind and visually impaired Minnesotans. Quarterly newsletter, information on programs and services.
Minnesota Statewide Independent Living Council
- Works with state agencies in laying the groundwork for independent living services for persons with disabilities.
Minnesota Work Incentives Connection
- Information on SSI, SSDI, Medical Assistance for Employed People with Disabilities, work incentives for people with disabilities. Special information for the blind. Joint federal-state initiative holds workshops around the state.
National Federation of the Blind of Minnesota
- Consumer organization with local chapters in major communities in the state. Provides support, information, and advocacy for blind Minnesotans. Offers a current newsletter.
Occupational Development Center
- Vocational rehabilitation services for people with disabilities in northern Minnesota.
Productive Alternatives, Inc.
- Nonprofit agency provides employment services for adults with disabilities. Manufacturing and contract labor. Several locations in central and west central Minnesota.
Provide Care Inc
- Offers services to individuals with developmental and mental health challenges to participate in their communities as fully as possible. An introduction to their programs in Anoka, Chisago, Isanti, and Pine Counties.
Vocational Rehabilitation Services
- A branch of the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development. Provides employment-related and independent living services to individuals with disabilities.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 11, 2015 at 8:35:08 UTC -