become an editor
the entire directory
only in Government/Executive
Governor Mark Dayton
Board of Electricity
- Regulates licensing of electricians, inspects electrical installations. Oversees alarm and communication contractors, elevator contractors. Agency guide, contractor directory, information on electrical codes, how to register a complaint.
Board of Private Detective and Protective Agent Services
- State agency licenses and disciplines security professionals in these areas. Requirements, application procedure, fee schedule, applicable statutes and rules.
Board on Judicial Standards
- An independent state agency that receives and acts upon complaints about Minnesota judges for judicial misconduct or wrongdoing. The board handles judicial disability matters.
Bureau of Mediation Services
- Responsible for the administration of the Minnesota Labor Relations Act (MLRA), conciliation/mediation, arbitration, bargaining unit determinations, and bargaining unit certification elections.
Capitol Area Architectural and Planning Board
- Responsible for preserving the architectural integrity of state capitol buildings and grounds, protecting open spaces in the capitol area, ensuring accessibility for pedestrians and motorists.
Department of Administration
- The department provides an array of business management and administrative services for the executive branch of state government.
Department of Agriculture
- Mission is to work toward a diverse agricultural industry that is profitable and environmentally sound; to protect public health and safety regarding food and agricultural products; and to ensure orderly commerce in agricultural and food products.
Department of Employment and Economic Development
- Formed by a merger of the former Department of Economic Security and the Department of Trade and Economic Development. Is concerned with business and community development, and employment.
Department of Human Rights
- Information about the department, its initiatives, an index of services, online version of the Human Rights Act, and legal affairs information.
Department of Revenue
- Information and tax forms. Online filing and payment options for individuals and businesses. Income tax information also in Spanish.
Driver and Vehicle Services
- Provides vehicle licensing, titling, and registration information as well as forms and contact information.
Minnesota Board of Social Work
- Enacts and enforces licensure and practice standards for social workers. General information, licensure handbook, student handbook, current fees, professional standards and disciplinary process.
Minnesota Department of Human Services
- Provides health care, economic assistance, and social services for people who do not have the resources to meet their basic needs.
Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry
- Information on occupational health and safety, labor standards, workers' compensation, apprenticeship programs. Also deals with codes for boilers and high-pressure piping, and boats-for-hire.
Minnesota Department of Public Safety
- Includes law enforcement, the state fire marshal, emergency management, and driver/vehicle licensing. Organizational structure, press releases, information on their programs and areas of activity, links to related sites.
Minnesota Management and Budget
- Merger of the former Departments of Finance and Employee Relations.
Minnesota Secretary of State
- Elections, open appointments, business services, direct access and public information, administrative rules, and Universal Commercial Code (UCC) administration.
Minnesota Sentencing Guidelines Commission
- Maintains model guidelines for the sentencing of convicted felons to promote consistency.
Minnesota State Retirement System
- Provides retirement, survivor, and disability benefits for employees of the State of Minnesota. Site has information on the different plans administered by MSRS, online forms, and online access to account.
Office of Administrative Hearings
- Provides a fair, prompt and impartial hearing process for citizens who disagree with actions taken by government.
Office of Enterprise Technology
- Connecting Minnesota through information and communication technologies.
Office of the Revisor of Statutes
- Publishes Laws of Minnesota, Minnesota Statutes, and Minnesota Rules. Also assists legislators, all constitutional state offices, and state agencies in preparing laws and administrative rules.
Office of the State Auditor
- Constitutional office helps insure financial accountability of local governmental entities. Semi-annual update in pdf, description of the office, forms, searchable database of city and county expenditures.
Public Employees Retirement Association of Minnesota (PERA)
- Pension and pension taxation information.
Public Utilities Commission
- Regulates electric, natural gas and telephone service, ensuring that utilities provide safe, adequate, reliable service at fair, reasonable rates.
- Weekly publication of the State of Minnesota which includes official notices, executive orders, contracts, state grants and loans, and a summary of rulemaking. In pdf.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 10, 2014 at 21:38:47 UTC -