become an editor
the entire directory
only in Michigan/Science_and_Environment
Science and Environment
Northeast Lower Peninsula
Northern Lower Peninsula
Northwest Lower Peninsula
Southeast Lower Peninsula
Southwest Lower Peninsula
Conservation and Endangered Species
Fossils and Paleontology
Regional: North America: Regions: Great Lakes: Science and Environment
Regional: North America: United States: Regions: Midwest: Science and Environment
Regional: North America: United States: Science and Environment
Adopt a Forest
- Organized to combat illegal dumping in the state's forests and to increase awareness of recycling opportunities for waste materials found. Provides information about activities and invites people to report illegal dumps online.
The Aurora Page
- Information, links and images about the Aurora Borealis or Northern Lights.
Beyond the Morel
- Features photo gallery of both edible and poisonous species found in the forests of Michigan. Includes links and contact information.
Center for Science and Environmental Outreach
- A nonprofit team of professionals and volunteers who provide educational programs and technical expertise to schools and the community.
The Dahlem Environmental Education Center
- A public, non-profit organization. Field trips available in all seasons. Explore forests, fields, marshes and ponds on five miles of hiking trails; a half mile "special needs" trail. Jackson, MI.
Environmental Strategist, Inc.
- Environmental insurance and training, as well as risk management. Assists clients to proactively manage their environmental issues, enabling them to learn how to produce a better product while increasing their profits.
Kalamazoo River Superfund
- News and views about the Kalamazoo River Superfund in southwest Michigan. Take a virtual tour of the Kalamazoo River, learn of efforts to improve the river, and review some of the latest reports and information about the river, PCBs, and proposals to enhance river recovery.
- A non profit Michigan organization dedicated to raising awareness of toxins in the environment and their links to negative health consequences, such as cancer. Provides information on programs and activities.
Michigan Basin Geological Society
- Non-profit organization providing a forum for the exchange of ideas relating to the field of petroleum geology through excursions and meetings.
Michigan Botanical Club
- Native plant society for the state of Michigan. Club holds monthly meetings and sponsored field trips. Membership and chapter information, plus botanical links and resources.
Michigan Forest Resource Alliance
- Non-profit educational organization promoting sustainable forest management. Provides information for educators and students, articles, and related links.
Michigan Karst Conservancy
- An organization to acquire, manage and protect unique geology and associated ecosystems. Includes details of projects and membership application.
Michigan Land Use Institute
- Organization committed to smart growth and halting sprawl to improve the economy, environment, and quality of life. Information about environmental, transportation, and growth management issues and initiatives around the state.
Michigan Milk Producers Association
- A member owned and operated dairy cooperative serving dairy farmers in Michigan, Ohio, Indiana and Wisconsin. Policies, a newsletter, employment, services, and related links.
Michigan Soybean Promotion Committee
- Invests in grower checkoff funds in research, education, and promotional activities for the soybean industry. Includes news, biodiesel information, suppliers, and available grants.
Michigan Underwater Preserve Council, Inc.
- Nonprofit organization dedicated to the preservation of shipwrecks and artifacts in state waters. Includes details, news, and events.
Michigan Water Environment Association
- A forum for all water environment topics.
- Provides information about Michigan's many waterfalls.
Natural Land Conservation Protection Preservation
- Environmental and conservation organization preserving and protecting natural and scenic lands. Includes news, upcoming events, and FAQs.
NOAA Great Lakes CoastWatch
- Great Lakes CoastWatch is a nationwide National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) program within which the Great Lakes Environmental Research Laboratory (GLERL) functions as the Great Lakes regional node.
NOAA Great Lakes Environmental Research Laboratory
- Conducts integrated, interdisciplinary environmental research in support of resource management and environmental services in coastal and estuarine waters, with a special emphasis on the Great Lakes.
Preserve the Dunes
- Protecting the fragile, unique and irreplaceable sand dunes of western Michigan from destruction and irreparable harm.
Save the Wild UP
- Explains the threat of metallic sulfide mining and the potential scope of mining, extending throughout the Great Lakes State. News, events, photo galleries and action alerts.
- Information, books, and photo gallery focusing on the Great Lakes ecosystem.
Tip of the Mitt Watershed Council
- Works to preserve inland lakes, rivers, streams, and wetlands in Northern Michigan. Includes news and information about programs.
Villa Environmental Consultants, Inc.
- Asbestos, indoor air quality investigations, phase I and II environmental site assessments, clean air act assistance, wetland services, hydrogeology, lead paint surveys, and storage tank services. Serving all of Michigan.
Science and Environment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 14, 2012 at 5:24:07 UTC -