The Downriver community of Trenton was founded in 1834. It was then called Truaxton. In 1850, a new plat was recorded under the name of Trenton. It was again incorporated February 10, 1855. In 1929, a portion of Monguagon Township, called Sibley, was annexed to give Trenton it's present size. In 1957, Trenton became a city. Trenton sits to the west of Grosse Ile, to which it is connected by two bridges.
Trenton is considered a moderately sized city of some 20,000 residents, located along the shores of the Detroit River on the extreme southern fringe of what is now commonly referred to as the Metropolitan Suburban Area.
Source: City of Trenton